Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.gmtgames.com/living_rules/Hellenes-Rules-v3.pdf

Very good.

But... is there a reason there's no date or version number (anything!) on the cover (or anywhere else in the document itself, for that matter)?
It would make it much easier to keep track of such things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
micah qs
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Version number is in the file name of the pdf. Also it is quite clear since there are color coded changes within the text.

Sequence of play updates seem very helpful. Lots of small clarifications, anyone who felt they were confused or playing something wrong would do well to read this version of the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis K. Lalumiere
Canada
Brossard
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
quietstorm wrote:
Version number is in the file name of the pdf. Also it is quite clear since there are color coded changes within the text.

Sure. But if you and I show up with printed copies of the living rules, how do we tell whether we have the same version?
(Or who has the most recent one?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard Mueller
Germany
Gauting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
weishaupt wrote:
quietstorm wrote:

Sure. But if you and I show up with printed copies of the living rules, how do we tell whether we have the same version?
(Or who has the most recent one?)

The year of copyright on the footer of the page has changed to 2011.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McG
Australia
Penshurst
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Changes seem to be;
* a separation of Year End and New Year into separate phases (which is very sensible but has no effect on play).
* defining Formations (i.e. stacks moving together, again a clarification to rules)
* making Gela neutral in the Sicily Scenario 413 and 415 Scenario.
* no Civil Wars in Athens whilst Pericles is alive in the 431 Scenario

It appears the Athena sacrifice didn't get in. So aside from making Gela neutral, there is no substantive changes to the way I understood the rules, they are just better arranged and expressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos S. Olivares Pérez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still reading the rules. But other change seems to be:

Resolve Battles and then Sieges

Until now, combats (Battles or Sieges) were resolved from smaller to larger (considering active player units).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carlos S. Olivares Pérez
Spain
Vigo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Minedog3 wrote:
* making Gela neutral in the Sicily Scenario 413 and 415 Scenario.

According to rules "Gela is neutral unless/until any Gelan unit leaves the City". But has the 413 scenario any unit from Gela? According to Setup Card and rules, this scenario uses only units from 1-46, and all the units from Gela are > 46.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Carlos,

Sicily is neutral in 413, and the Sicilian units #47+ on both sides are NOT included in the Recruit Pool.

The statement "Gela is neutral . . . etc" is unnecessary and confusing wrt this scenario. Please ignore it. My mistake.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.