Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
William Garramone
United States
Nashville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other day my wife had an idea that our group now incorporates whenever we play due to some of our "seeing impaired" among us. The 3 Team Tokens that are supposed to be used to mark Star Players from another team should you get them are better used to simply mark the Match-Up on the side of the card you are contesting. Whenever you commit your first player to an end-zone on a match-up, simply take your Team Token and place it on the match-up card so that it sits just above your first committed player but be sure you don't cover up the payout section of the card.

We find this to be much easier on the eyes when scanning all of the various match-ups without having to nit-pick the color of the cards to see which team is playing because their Team Logo is right there in your face at the top of his / her committed players. Rarely do we ever have a team that commits to more than 3 match-ups (unless the Skaven are using Warpstone Souvenirs and just want to lose a game) so there are just enough Team Tokens to make this work. Try it out and see. Just remember that when you commit your first player to a match-up to lay your Team Token down. Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rodney "Watch It Played" Smith
Canada
Montague
Prince Edward Island
flag msg tools
badge
Join us to learn and watch games played at youtube.com/watchitplayed
mbmbmbmbmb
That, my friend, is an excellent idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hahn Arama
United States
flag msg tools
I had a guide, a Bedouin man, who called me 'Abu el Banat'. And whenever we'd meet another Bedouin, he'd introduce me as Abu el Banat. And the Bedouin would laugh and laugh and offer me a Pint of beer. (cont below)
badge
And I'd go to pay them for the beer and they wouldn't let me. "Abu el Banat" means "father of daughters." They thought the beer was the least they could do.
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? We've always used the markers to mark your team on your side of the card. As a matter of fact FFG taught us to use them that way at GenCon.

Now I have to go reread the rules again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ad best
United Kingdom
hereford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup we mark the lines up by default with the team token, particulary when the two yellowy teams are playing together,

I always seems to draw the other teams star players or is it just me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David West
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Brilliant idea. I will be doing that from now on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keesvanloomacklin wrote:
... The 3 Team Tokens that are supposed to be used to mark Star Players from another team should you get them are better used to simply mark the Match-Up on the side of the card you are contesting. Whenever you commit your first player to an end-zone on a match-up, simply take your Team Token and place it on the match-up card so that it sits just above your first committed player but be sure you don't cover up the payout section of the card.

Yeah, that's the way I've always played it. It just seemed a lot more efficient and clear to mark all the matchups rather than specific cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.