Notre Dame» Forums » General

Subject: Play base game first or base game + expansion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael R.
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just bought the Alea Treasure box and have yet to play Notre Dame (looking forward to it!). Anyway, would you recommend playing just the base game alone first and then later adding in the expansion cards or do you think it would be better to play all in right from the start?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Klinck
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think it really matters. With the base game, you have 3 specific people that will come up in each of the phases. With the expansion, you have 6 for each phase, and 3 will come up. I don't think the expansion ones are particularly more complicated than the originals.

The first few plays, you'll be checking the rules every time you turn up one of those cards, anyway, to see what they do.

If I'm teaching new people, I'll leave the expansion cards in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that no matter how you play, it's known which characters will be in the game before you start, so adding the expansion in doesn't make it a "surprise" by giving you more choices.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.