United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do they add anything beyond aesthetic? I saw them in the Geek Store and was curious if anyone had them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Action Phase wrote:
Do they add anything beyond aesthetic? I saw them in the Geek Store and was curious if anyone had them?

I think they are just an upgrade to the components for 1st edition. If you have the most recent version, not needed at all is my understanding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
The newest edition comes with them, I believe. But yes, as long as you have the cards to begin with you don't really need them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are simply prettier components that feel more suitable to the game. If the original components don't bother you, then you don't need them.

The new components are included in the most recent printing of the game, so these are just for people who bought the original game when it came out.

If you don't have them though, then I recommend them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, party people!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Astatula
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, beyond aesthetics, they do have some clarified wordings over the first edition. I noticed at least a couple of cards that used to always confuse people are much more clear now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do you know if you have the updated edition that includes the BGG promos? (I just purchased one on ebay with this description (it has yet to arrive):

THE RESISTANCE

The Resistance is a very intense social deduction game for 5-10 players. While it shares similiarities with games like Werewolf, Mafia and even Battlestar Galactica it has many very unique features such as a quick 30 minute play time, no moderator required and no player elimination.
Set in the near future, The Resistance pits a small group of resistance fighters against a powerful and corrupt government. The resistance has launched a series of bold and daring missions to bring the governement to its knees. Unfortunately spies have infiltrated the resistance ranks, ready to sabotage the carefully crafted plans. Even a single spy can take down a resistance mission team, choose your teams carefully or forever lose your chance for freedom.
Included in this release is a full expansion - "The Plot Thickens" is 15 additional action cards that increase the pressure and pacing of the game, and requires the spies to be even more deceitful if they are to achieve victory.
The Resistance artfully balances pure deduction elements with the social elements into a game that creates the adreniline filled moments of high stakes poker but in a full interactive and social event. Its not for the faint of heart, or slow of mind - but if you are quick on your feet you'll be proud of your hard fought victories.
Suggested Retail Selling Price= $19.95

CONDITION
Items are brand new, unopened and unused, and are in their original packaging.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first printing was international, with rules in many languages. It had pictures of flags of various countries on the box.

The new version is in one language.

Congrats on ordering an awesome game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
Actually, beyond aesthetics, they do have some clarified wordings over the first edition. I noticed at least a couple of cards that used to always confuse people are much more clear now.

So 'Overhead Conversation' was intentional? laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:
KlydeFrog wrote:

So 'Overhead Conversation' was intentional? :laugh:

You mean the conversation that was overheard because of the bug overhead?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ships in the night, I got the first one based on the pic in the auction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis R. Chance
United States
Fishers
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:
MasterDinadan wrote:
KlydeFrog wrote:

You mean the conversation that was overheard because of the bug overhead?

As a fellow Travis, I demand (or plead) to have said promos shipped as a belated birthday present of which I will say "Travi untied to make this possible!" Travi, being the plural of our sacred name!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MasterDinadan wrote:

Sure, conversations with the Overhead can be very informative.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Action Phase wrote:

I think all the online stores have the picture of the game with three flags on it but most have the english only version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Conan Meriadoc
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:
Action Phase wrote:

I think all the online stores have the picture of the game with three flags on it but most have the english only version.

are there any additional printings of the multilingual edition planned for international customers, or specific translated versions ?

I don't mind English (I got a copy of the upgraded cards with my Flash Point preorder), but I can't see it becoming more than a niche game in France if it isn't translated... for a lot of French people deciphering English is a chore they wouldn't associate with gaming. Werewolf-style games usually work pretty well around here, and there is a lot of potential for The Resistance. I converted quite a few friends with my first printing copy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Travis, do you ever foresee these plot cards getting reprinted with the typo fixed? I'd like to get some, but I'd rather wait if they will be corrected.

I got a new copy of the game about a month ago from ACD and it was the 1st printing. I guess they don't move too many of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dystopian wrote:
are there any additional printings of the multilingual edition planned for international customers, or specific translated versions ?

I don't mind English (I got a copy of the upgraded cards with my Flash Point preorder), but I can't see it becoming more than a niche game in France if it isn't translated... for a lot of French people deciphering English is a chore they wouldn't associate with gaming. Werewolf-style games usually work pretty well around here, and there is a lot of potential for The Resistance. I converted quite a few friends with my first printing copy!

There should be copies of a French only version in French game stores that have these updated cards. There are actually two different French versions, in France the title is in english and distributed by IELLO, in Quebec the title is french and distributed by Levalet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Disgustipater wrote:
Travis, do you ever foresee these plot cards getting reprinted with the typo fixed? I'd like to get some, but I'd rather wait if they will be corrected.

I got a new copy of the game about a month ago from ACD and it was the 1st printing. I guess they don't move too many of them.

What is in the BGG store is the latest and greatest.

They say "Overheard Conversation", so that typo is fixed. Another print run of the game is due to hit distribution at the end of the month, no changes in that print run from the last and no changes for the next print run which I am planning now either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
T Worthington wrote:
They say "Overheard Conversation", so that typo is fixed. Another print run of the game is due to hit distribution at the end of the month, no changes in that print run from the last and no changes for the next print run which I am planning now either.

Awesome. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis O'Connor
United States
Citrus Heights
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought mine from Amazon 2 days ago and it was the 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robby Stroope
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TravmacDaddy wrote:
I bought mine from Amazon 2 days ago and it was the 1st edition.

Just wanted to add that I also ordered from Amazon, but I got the new English-only edition with the updated plot cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brook Gentlestream
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes when "buying from Amazon", you actually buying from one of their affiliate stores. So these kind of reports may not matter unless you know the affiliate you bought from (if any).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.