Henrythesecond
United Kingdom
Camborne
Cornwall
flag msg tools
badge
A future player sleeps...
mbmbmbmbmb
Played our first game of Earth Reborn tonight.

I read the rules up to and including Scenario 3 and we plunged straight in. A great game was had, even after I lost Prof Kendall (and pretty much everyone else!) and the best I could hope for was a draw. Luckily for me, Jack Saw came up trumps and killed off a wounded James Woo and grabbed the Virus cylinder, meaning the last NORAD character, Col. Bolter, would have to kill him for victory.

There followed a little tactical manouevring, and Jack Saw skulked around in corridors to avoid being over-matched in a long range gun fight. Eventually, Nick Bolter closed in for the kill, but Jack Saw interupted him mid-action and cut him in two, causing a massive 3 Critical Hits for a hard-fought draw.

We both enjoyed this game and have resolved to bring a couple of others in for a multi-player next time out. The learning curve for the game seems steep whilst reading the rule-book, but once the figures are on the table and you start rolling, everything falls into place and becomes very intuitive. We had to check back into the rulebook a few times in the first half hour or so of play, but after that, only when very specific circumstances arose.

All in all, Earth Reborn seems a cracking game and it'll see a lot of table time, I suspect, particularly if the multiplayer works as well as I believe it will.

Cheers. Jay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
HenryTheSecond wrote:
The learning curve for the game seems steep whilst reading the rule-book, but once the figures are on the table and you start rolling, everything falls into place and becomes very intuitive. We had to check back into the rulebook a few times in the first half hour or so of play, but after that, only when very specific circumstances arose.

This was exactly our experience. Everything made sense and moved along fluidly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.