Subject: Fanatic's Divine Focus rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Ingersoll
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played for the first time last night (I and three other players were new, the game's owner was not) and Fanatic's "Divine Focus" card came up. Without having the card in front of me, I remember that it has two triggers: one at the start of "every turn", and one at the start of Fanatic's turn. The latter is pretty self-explanatory, but what is meant by the former?

1) At the start of each phase of the game (Villain Turn, Heroes' Turn, Environment Turn)

or

2) At the start of every turn, meaning once for each other hero's turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Fulford
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a combination of 1 & 2 - you can discard cards to do damage to the Villain at the start of each of the other heroes' turns, as well as the start of both the Environment turn and the Villain turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ingersoll
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops -- I meant to imply the Villain and Environment turns in option 2, but thanks for the catch!

Amazingly, that's the way we played it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Badell
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Keep on saving the Multiverse!
mbmbmbmbmb
"Start of every turn" means the start of EVERY turn. Every Hero turn, the villain turn, the environment turn - every turn.

So, on your turn, you play "Divine Focus". Then, you use your power, draw a card, and it's the next hero's turn. At the start of their turn, you may trigger Divine Focus. Then, they take their turn, and it's the next hero's turn. At the start of their turn, again, it's Divine Focus time! Then, after they take their turn, it's the Environment turn, at the start of which, it's time for Divine Focus again. Then the rest of the Environment turn happens, and it's now the start of the Villain turn... guess what. Divine Focus may be triggered! Then the rest of the villain turn happens. Now, (assuming you're playing in a 3 player game) it's your turn again, and Divine Focus triggers TWICE. Once for the part that says "at the start of every turn" and once for the part that says "at the start of YOUR turn". Taa-daa!

So, sorry about the wall o' text there. For the TL:DR crowd, every turn means every turn, in the way that "turn" is defined in the glossary of the SotM rulebook.

Hope this helped!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.