Subject: Rounded cars? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Oleg Solomatin
Ukraine
Slavutich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got a Pitchcar Mini and play several times with my 5 years old son and we love it
But I've noticed that cars on the front of the box have a rounded corners.

But cars in mine box doesn't have a rounded corners they are straight. zombie

I think that "rounded" cars can solve a problem with a not perfect fitted track parts. Because sometimes my cars hit a puzzle part of a track. soblue
Anybody have such problem?

Sorry for my English meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim M-L
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are probably right. My cars are rounded like on the box and I have not had that problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Morgan
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine have squared edges like yours, but it's not been too much of a problem. We push the track pieces down if there's a large bump in the road ahead of our car.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oleg Solomatin
Ukraine
Slavutich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah but on my opinion it isn't a good solution.
I think it is unfair to sell low quality game components if I know that same game for the same price was released with a better cars pieces.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Skupin
Germany
Hamm
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My Mini cars are not rounded as well. The cars in the big version my brother in law owns are rounded.

They cut corners for the Mini version I think. In the expansion that features the jumps the parts with which you could build a tunnel section are left out, but they just copied the pamphlet from the big version and crossed the missing 2 parts out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mork Toblerone
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just as an update on an older thread: we got a copy of the game for Christmas, and this one also does not have rounded corners. It does bounce pretty hard off of bumps in the track, but I think I'll just keep a set of old playing cards in the box to use as shims, and it should be fine. Regardless, the game has been a big hit at our two holiday gatherings, with my young daughters, their uncles, and my dad all playing against one another for multiple games (with spectators who also had fun.) I'll take it to a New Year's Eve gathering tonight with friends, and I expect it will see a lot of play there, too.

I like the idea of making my own rounded-edge cars out of polymer clay and pennies, not because it is necessary, but because it sounds fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.