Popular Tags: [View All]
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Pending BGG approval, I posted to the Files section a zip file that contains PDF and Excel files for the Unofficial GBoH Competition Play rules I designed for GBoH back in 1996 (yes, 1996).

The rules and associated army/leader lists allow you to create small armies from a country represented in the GBoH series and pit them against each other. For example, you can match an Early Macedonia army versus a Late Republic Roman army.

I no longer maintain the lists or rules, and the last time it was updated was Dec. 1996. However, after a gamer recently requested how I arrived at the leader and unit cost values (so he could create a list for Gaul), I thought I should put it on BGG as open source so gamers can update them on their own.

I make no claims to how balanced a DYO battle will be as more than points (terrain, types of units, etc.) may dictate how evenly two forces will be matched. The points are a best estimate based on my playing experience many, many years ago. If you don't like them, don't use them or change them as you like.

Until the file is approved, you can see a closed source version at
http://patriot.net/~townsend/GBoH/gboh-sv-gcoh-rules.html.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Siler
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing that. I think that GBoH would do very well with a system like this. The 'great captains' tournament modification is one I'd especially like to try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salvatore Vasta
United States
Woodstock
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
LgRangeContactPatrol wrote:
Thanks for doing that. I think that GBoH would do very well with a system like this. The 'great captains' tournament modification is one I'd especially like to try.

You're welcome. I hope it works for you.

Sal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.