Subject: The BLT: Bilbo's Eagles and Songs Deck rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Named "BLT" thanks to the three heroes: Bilbo, Legolas, and Thalin.

This is a very low threat, slow, creature-based deck that plays all four colors. And Bilbo means you will draw your entire deck by game's end. I designed this deck to play Conflict at the Carrok using a different technique than I was used to. (I normally play a Rohan deck that does all the fighting and travelling in the staging area and wanted to try engaging more often.) While this isn't as strong of a deck as the Rohan one, I think this strategy is more fun and less automatic.

Get Radagast out early and start saddling up the creatures. I use a ton of Allies simply because they're so flexible. They can quest or chump block or use their side-effect. Feels a little more epic to have twelve allies out. Some things in here just work really nicely for the Carrok adventure: Miner for discarding Sacked!, Riddermark's Finest for getting rid of a back-logged The Brown Lands, Descendant of Thorondor for pinging snipers in the queue.

I use a lot of adventure pack cards, but no extra core cards. Going to put Eagles of the Misty Mountains in here when I get that pack. I've beaten the Carrok twice out of five games with this. (In this game, familiarity with the scenario helps a ton.)

Hero (3)
Bilbo Baggins (THfG) x1
Legolas (Core) x1
Thalin (Core) x1

Ally (24)
Gandalf (Core) x3
Radagast (AJtR) x2
Beorn (Core) x1
Daughter of the Nimrodel (Core) x2
Rivendell Minstrel (THfG) x3
The Riddermark's Finest (THoEM) x3
Miner of the Iron Hills (Core) x3
Winged Guardian (THfG) x3
Descendant of Thorondor (THoEM) x3
Landroval (AJtR) x1

Attachment (16)
Song of Travel (THoEM) x1
Song of Kings (THfG) x1
Born Aloft (CatC) x3
Celebrian's Stone (Core) x1
Dunedain Mark (ThfG) x3
Dunedain Quest (AJtR) x2
Horn of Gondor (Core) x1
Dwarven Axe (Core) x1
A Burning Brand (CatC) x2
Citadel Plate (Core) x1

Event (10)
The Galadhrim's Greeting (Core) x2
Sneak Attack (Core) x2
Feint (Core) x2
Meneldor's Flight (THoEM) x2
To the Eyrie (AJtR) x2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
Looks like a fun deck! The more I use it, the more I'm convinced that The Riddermark's Finest is--pardon the redundancy--one of the finest allies in the game. The ability to knock out locations on command is really nifty.

Do you find yourself getting much use out of To the Eyrie and Meneldor's Flight? I can't make either one of those work effectively.

If you haven't used Eagles of the Misty Mountains yet, you're in for a treat. It's a spectacular card, especially if you are also running other eagles to pump it up. It's easily the best Tactics ally in its price range (my enduring fondness for Beorning Beekeeper notwithstanding).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seisyll W.
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey thanks for your comments! Yeah the horse is pretty fantastic.

Starhawk77 wrote:
Do you find yourself getting much use out of To the Eyrie and Meneldor's Flight? I can't make either one of those work effectively.

To the Eyrie I do use a lot in Conflict at the Carrok. Winged Guardian will die a lot at first when the trolls are buffed +1. Later, when the Carrok is quested, I just pay the Winged Guardian fee. I took this card out for Rhosgobel, though, in favor of more healing.

Meneldor's Flight is nice with The Descendant of Thorondor. I use that hit for 2 damage quite a lot. It means I can have Gandalf focus on keeping threat low.

Starhawk77 wrote:
If you haven't used Eagles of the Misty Mountains yet, you're in for a treat. It's a spectacular card, especially if you are also running other eagles to pump it up. It's easily the best Tactics ally in its price range (my enduring fondness for Beorning Beekeeper notwithstanding).

Sweet! I can't wait to use it. Definitely going to drop Miner and use the eagles in the Rhosgobel scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.