Graham Smallwood
United States
Santa Ana
California
flag msg tools
badge
TWO Equals in an "if" statement!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Reaper itself doesn't sell the rules. Just the minis. Can't find it on Wargame Vault. Can only find the demo slash quickstart rules online. And they rather remarkably cannot be saved (pdf encrypted).

Anybody know what's up?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Riessen
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
If you're looking to start playng, I've a copy of the rules that'll Ill sell for $15, including shipping in a flat rate package--I bought it at a convention but never played it outside of a couple conventions that year...it's quite fun if you have someone to play with. The tule book is a bit over 100 pages and has the data cards for many of the mechs. Send me a geekmail if you're interested, otehrwise I'm probably going to trade it away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Hall

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did you figure this out? Here's the V1.0 "demo" I think you are talking about: http://www.cavhq.com/rules.html

And here's V2.0: http://www.reapermini.com/pdf/CAV_2_v1_1.pdf

Both can be saved as .pdf. There was an agreement to make CAV 3.0 but it sounds like it never got off the ground. Looking for the full version of the V1.0 rules (assuming they exist) myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Price
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
Member of the San Francisco Game Group since 2005
badge
This is a customized Bane Tower from the game Man o' War
mb
In case anyone else wanders in here (as I did), I've heard CAV is to be Reaper's next kickstarter project, to allow them to begin to shift that line from expensive metals to cheaper plastics. I think CAV 3.0 [edit: called CAV: Strike Operations, or CAV: SO] is set to get done in that KS as well.

Here's the Reaper page for CAV, with the rules and unit cards for download:

http://www.reapermini.com/Games/CAV
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mydienon
msg tools
mbmbmb

Posted by Reaper on August 11, 2014:

Our next planned Kickstarter project is for our CAV Game. It will not have fantasy themes, nor will it include any product, excluding paint, not directly associated with the CAV Game.

These Bones Kickstarters have been all-purpose miniatures, and our next project is a focused project. Not only will it not feature fantasy models, it will not feature sic-fi models that are not part of our CAV game. This includes 28mm soldier models, and other 28mm sic-fi terrain.

It is not "Bones III:Sci-Fi edition", it is a project to relaunch our CAV game with affordably priced plastic figures, instead of the existing CAV "mechs" which are $20+$50 each in metal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.