Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Kyle, first of all: I am flattered by your interest in the game.
Sadly enough, for now it will be hard to put a date on a release since it hasn't even been submitted to the publisher.
But that will happen shortly.
I am currently working on a re-edit of the rules to make them as easy to understand as possible. Furthermore I have some final playtesting ahead to see if the system is as stable as it turned out to be in the last series of tests. All I can say is that so far the playtest teams have liked the game alot, and I feel I am nearing closure any day now.
So, hang on a little and you will read good news soon on these pages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Somerton
Australia
North Ryde - Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Duplicitous!
badge
I don't play to win - I play for enjoyment and social interaction.
mbmbmbmbmb
You're a bad man David. Building our curiosity, tempting us all so much and then snatching it away. cry

Perhaps less time spent responding to questions here and more time spent getting the game finished and into out eager hands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We are currently doing an updated edit of the rules to make them as elegant as possible. The editor is doing a fantastic job, so I hope to have a final version soon. And sure, the rules will be as pretty

Meanwhile I am contunuing playtesting to both see how the genral gaming community reacts to the design and to check how stable the system is.
So far I am very pleased with the results.

I think the game will appeal to a wide audience of gamers given the fact it seems to appeal to both thematic gamers and eurogamers.
I would say it is somewhat of an hybrid game, with equal portions of eurogame elements and AT-stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imre Hauszknecht
Hungary
Pécs
flag msg tools
We'll kill you with kindness!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait. Yesterday we played Panic Station. And it was an amazing gaming experience again! So I wan't to play Rogue Agent too. I trust in David's qualities . MAybe on say there will be a third element of the Rain City games, so we can call it the Rain City trilogy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
flyinghair wrote:
I can't wait. Yesterday we played Panic Station. And it was an amazing gaming experience again! So I wan't to play Rogue Agent too. I trust in David's qualities . MAybe on say there will be a third element of the Rain City games, so we can call it the Rain City trilogy!

Actually, at one stage in de development I had the idea of linking both games, setting them in the same universe.
In a way they can be seen as part of what could well become a trilogy:
Set in a distant future and having a traitor-element.
That said, they are definitly totaly different games/experiences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imre Hauszknecht
Hungary
Pécs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:

That said, they are definitly totaly different games/experiences.

That's fine that way. I just like the idea playing games in the same "Universe" with completely different mechanics. But there is a specific thematic and graphic/visual(!) link between them. And this fact is quiet lurking for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imre Hauszknecht
Hungary
Pécs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe Stained steel could tell the story of conquering/terraforming the Recon-6!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
flyinghair wrote:
Maybe Stained steel could tell the story of conquering/terraforming the Recon-6!

It actually does just that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.