Barry Katz
msg tools
According to WOTC FAQ the Paladin cannot lay hands on himself. Here is the excerpt from the website:

5. Can any of the powers that specify ally also work on the Hero using them? Most notable is Lay on Hands.

A power that works only on an adjacent Hero does not work on the Hero using it. For example, the Paladin cannot use Lay on Hands to heal herself.

If that is the case, then why is lay on hands one of the powers listed to be used for the solo adventure (Adventure 1)?

This brings up the same questions for other powers, such as choosing a hero within 2 tiles of your hero. Does that mean that you can choose your own her in such a circumstance? And if not, then why are these powers recommended for the characters at the beginning of the solo adventure? To me it just seems wrong that the Paladin would not be allowed to lay hands on himself as that is how everyone I know has ever played a Paladin in D and D.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Miller
United States
Stigler
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The recommended powers are just a generic recommended powers list and are not specific to the solo adventures. I think they assume most people are playing in a group rather than solo so they included powers that are really good in a group but don't make sense solo (like Lay on Hands)

BTW, choosing self as a "Hero within 1 tile" is fine. In fact if I'm not mistaken all powers that cannot target self say "ally" rather than "hero".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Katz
msg tools
BTW, choosing self as a "Hero within 1 tile" is fine. In fact if I'm not mistaken all powers that cannot target self say "ally" rather than "hero".

Hmmm...I will have to check that out. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.