• [+] Dice rolls
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been waiting anxiously for this expansion for quite a while, and if my memory serves me correctly, Micro Monsters was announced as a separate game while this expansion was still slated for release. Since the former publisher (Nexus) has closed up shop, I have just assumed that the expansion has been lost in the shuffle. However, the newly announced release of Micro Monsters gives me new hope that this expansion will eventually see the light of day.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured that the Invasion expansion disappeared because Fantasy Flight lost the rights to distribute Nexus products. That's why FFG is no longer distributing Wings of War, for example.

Edit: Nexus closed down for good? That might also explain things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Rayburn
United States
Cleveland
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It was my understanding that Nexus was done. Someone more knowledgeable than myself might speak on this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understood that Nexus is done, but a few of the designers have created Ares. I guess they didn't retain the Micro Mutants title so are making a new one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jack Hooligan wrote:
I understood that Nexus is done, but a few of the designers have created Ares. I guess they didn't retain the Micro Mutants title so are making a new one?

Re: Micro Mutants Obsolete?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Bellevue
NE
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Yeah, I don't care who produces or has the rights to the game in Europe. I'm not buying Micro Monsters and will not import a foreign edition, so if whoever has the rights to Micro Mutants doesn't license it to an American publisher, I probably won't be buying anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm not swearing allegiance to Fantasy Flight, but I own the base game, want an expansion(s), and would very much like them to match my base game. I really don't care what happened between Nexus and Fantasy Flight, but someone screwed the pooch and lost themselves a customer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hskrfn822 wrote:
Yeah, I don't care who produces or has the rights to the game in Europe. I'm not buying Micro Monsters and will not import a foreign edition, so if whoever has the rights to Micro Mutants doesn't license it to an American publisher, I probably won't be buying anything. Don't get me wrong, I'm not swearing allegiance to Fantasy Flight, but I own the base game, want an expansion(s), and would very much like them to match my base game. I really don't care what happened between Nexus and Fantasy Flight, but someone screwed the pooch and lost themselves a customer.

Is it much different from when it changed from Steve Jackson?

Presumably if they do it right, Ares will sell it in the US as with Micro Mosnters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.