Subject: Militia Tokens run out? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Peter T
msg tools
badge
Exit, stage left!
mbmbmbmbmb
My group did our first session of ATOE last night (6 player CO-OP). There were 4 militia tokens on the board, and after a reshuffle, a Militia Event was drawn. Since there's only 4 Militia tokens in the game, what happens next?
- The player picks a militia token on the board and moves it to a new location.
- The card gets discarded, no effect
- The card gets discarded, the player who drew the Event draws another card.

We house ruled the last option, but I wasn't sure if this was the right call? Anyone have suggestions, thoughts, answers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
snaggle wrote:
We house ruled the last option, but I wasn't sure if this was the right call? Anyone have suggestions, thoughts, answers?

I know Minions are limited to the number of tokens available, but I don't think there is a rule saying Militia are limited also. Personally, I would just place an unused token for the extra Militia. If I had to pick from the choices you listed, I'd go with the first -- that is, move an existing Militia to a new location.

The expansion adds several more Militia tokens, which should alleviate the potential problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter T
msg tools
badge
Exit, stage left!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rubric wrote:

I know Minions are limited to the number of tokens available, but I don't think there is a rule saying Militia are limited also. Personally, I would just place an unused token for the extra Militia. If I had to pick from the choices you listed, I'd go with the first -- that is, move an existing Militia to a new location.

The expansion adds several more Militia tokens, which should alleviate the potential problem.

That's a good suggestion, think we'll do that next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek VDG
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
this: - The player picks a militia token on the board and moves it to a new location.

I crossed out "new", since the player could choose the same location (essentially keeping it where it is).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.