Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
462 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Trades

Subject: Ringing in the New Year - a January 2012 U.S.-only math trade DISCUSSION rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
See this text? It's a gratuitous waste of GeekGold.
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the "discussion thread" for Ringing in the New Year - January 2012 U.S. only math trade. If you have any comments about this math trade, add them in this thread.

REQUEST LIST: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/103243/ringing-in-the-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
The game itself isn't important. Spending time intellectually jousting with likeminded folks is the real reason to game.
mbmbmbmbmb
RESERVED
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RESERVED
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Nicely
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running the trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for running this!

The timing is a bit awkward for me. I wouldn't be able to ship any games out until Feb 5, 2 weeks after the trade results would be published.

Obviously I would make it clear in my listings that there would be a delay, but is 2 weeks too long? Should I just sit this one out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot! Thanks for running this. If I had a copy of Kingdom Builder I would be entering it!!

Alright alright! Just a little table talk there!

Thanks again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Emen
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
Thanks for running this!

The timing is a bit awkward for me. I wouldn't be able to ship any games out until Feb 5, 2 weeks after the trade results would be published.

Obviously I would make it clear in my listings that there would be a delay, but is 2 weeks too long? Should I just sit this one out?

I think all's fair if you make it clear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Valdez
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jayemen wrote:
peakhope wrote:
Thanks for running this!

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jayemen wrote:
peakhope wrote:
Thanks for running this!

I agree. I wouldn't mind waiting for 2 weeks if I know about it before hand.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
No good deed goes unpunished.
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Trent! Good timing for a math trade.

I am in the mood to trade but I am not sure there is much I want right now. (More table talk, yuppers!) Of course I will add and look for stuff, though.

What is the policy of "open" gift certificates? When on-line game store is stated, does that include Amazon? I have a preference for that on-line retailer because with my Amazon Prime account, I get free and fast shipping. W00t!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are my favorite way to kill productivity, thanks!

Edit: Cate, I have never had a problem asking for/giving Amazon GC's in a trade. They are definitely included.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Emen
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cate108 wrote:
Thanks Trent! Good timing for a math trade.

I am in the mood to trade but I am not sure there is much I want right now. (More table talk, yuppers!) Of course I will add and look for stuff, though.

What is the policy of "open" gift certificates? When on-line game store is stated, does that include Amazon? I have a preference for that on-line retailer because with my Amazon Prime account, I get free and fast shipping. W00t!

I don't know the official policy, Cate, but I'm comfortable purchasing GCs to any retailer the item winner requests, provided I can make the transaction online, any fees associated with the GC purchase are included in the quoted value, and the name of the retailer wouldn't shock the GF if she saw a bank statement... modest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Ring the bells that still can ring, Forget your perfect offering, There's a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in. - Leonard Cohen
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Konata and Jay! I will put your GCs on my want lists.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trent Hamm
United States
Huxley
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon certs are completely fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Bastianelli
United States
Pittsford
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for this Math trade!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nasella
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
Thanks for putting on the math trade.

Question:
How do you put in a picture of the game for sweetener, instead of just the bolded title?

Thanks,

Scott

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shayne Gray
United States
Akron
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clodius wrote:
Thanks for putting on the math trade.

Question:
How do you put in a picture of the game for sweetener, instead of just the bolded title?

Thanks,

Scott

You find the Image ID of the picture that you want. Assuming it is an image on the geek, else upload it to your profile.

Once you have the image id you type
instead of a } after the number
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Metz
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't done one of these before, but I'm really looking forward to playing. I'm not sure what sort of dollar value to shoot for, so if any of you more experienced types get a chance to take a look at my offerings and think I should condense, I'd be happy to revise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cate
United States
Mequon
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dengue wrote:
I haven't done one of these before, but I'm really looking forward to playing. I'm not sure what sort of dollar value to shoot for, so if any of you more experienced types get a chance to take a look at my offerings and think I should condense, I'd be happy to revise.

I will let the others give you advice. I am going to give you 8 to get your Math Trade microbadge. Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
dengue wrote:

From one biologist to another - nice unrooted phylogenetic tree! Hadn't seen that before. I think I will make that one of my xmas badges.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Metz
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done and done! Thanks kindly Cate! I'll be sure and pay it forward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Metz
United States
Garner
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyDollar wrote:

From one biologist to another - nice unrooted phylogenetic tree! Hadn't seen that before. I think I will make that one of my xmas badges.

That's how I got it too! I'm not a systematist (my wife is, but that's another tale) but I think it's a pretty good graphic for the discipline. It'd be hard to do a 16 pixel graphic of fatty acid pherochemistry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YaVerOt YaVerOt
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
Armchair warriors often fail, and we've been poisoned by these fairy tales.
badge
Aoi Aoi toki ga toke dasheta.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I got an idea for something else to list, but don't know if there'd be enough interest to be worth listing (finding them, checking conditions & etc)

I'm thinking of calling it:
The CLAMP starter pack
Quote:
Unopened Angelic Layer Vol 1 DVD
First two Cardcaptor Sakura DVDs
first 2-4 volumes of the X/1999 manga

Obviously I'd have to find out how many X/1999s I have. CCS is opened.

Any recommendations?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
yaverot wrote:
So I got an idea for something else to list, but don't know if there'd be enough interest to be worth listing (finding them, checking conditions & etc)

I'm thinking of calling it:
The CLAMP starter pack
Quote:
Unopened Angelic Layer Vol 1 DVD
First two Cardcaptor Sakura DVDs
first 2-4 volumes of the X/1999 manga

Obviously I'd have to find out how many X/1999s I have. CCS is opened.

Any recommendations?

As an outsider, none of that means anything to me (except manga). I would at least suggest making the title be "The CLAMP manga starter pack". Or even "The CLAMP manga multimedia starter pack", assuming you are talking about including both paper and electronic stuff.

Not only would that be a bit more likely to pull prospects in, but it would also allow the non-manga among us to pass over the listing without having to read the details to figure out what it is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think something is wrong in the olwlg. Even though there are still 6 more days to offer games, next to this math trade it says "354.6 days since it ended"
Probably it's plugging in a "2011" by default in its algorithm rather than 2012.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [19] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.