13 Posts

Champions 2020» Forums » Rules

Subject: Fouls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fischers Fritz
Germany
flag msg tools
Warum soll ich ein Foul begehen, wenn ich es vermeiden kann?

Why would I deliberately foul? Not real football!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Soccer managers (your role in this game) can't avoid all their players fouls. You can try to avoid fouls and try to provoke opponent's fouls. That does simulate soccer!! And it's fun.

I stop reading your comments. Your "goal" is clear. You log in with that strange name once in a few weeks, only to try to write something negative about this game. Use your energy better. bye.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel (working on TENNISmind...)
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
My first game: BASKETmind, a 5-on-5 basketball match
mbmbmbmbmb
fussballfisch wrote:
Warum soll ich ein Foul begehen, wenn ich es vermeiden kann?

Why would I deliberately foul? Not real football!

Fischers or whoever, is that a real question expecting an answer or just a rant?

Have you ever played real football?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
My latest game: Big*Bang, a simple abstract about the first minutes of the Universe
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm starting to be fed up with all these guy/guys, really.

You clearly don't like this game.

You clearly don't PLAY this game (as deduced from the latest thread), and I guess you don't own it either.

I hope the admins will try to stop all this sillyness, and if possible clean the forum by deleting all these nonsense threads. Logging in from time to time exclusively to rant on the forum of a game you don't like nor play, how sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Pasi
Switzerland
Zürich
flag msg tools
Ka Mate Ka Mate
badge
Ka Ora Ka Ora
mbmbmbmbmb
franchi wrote:
I'm starting to be fed up with all these guy/guys, really.

You clearly don't like this game.

You clearly don't PLAY this game (as deduced from the latest thread), and I guess you don't own it either.

I hope the admins will try to stop all this sillyness, and if possible clean the forum by deleting all these nonsense threads. Logging in from time to time exclusively to rant on the forum of a game you don't like nor play, how sad.

+1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ondatje
United States
Marina Del Rey
California
flag msg tools
The Foul/Injury system is actually, quite brilliant!!!!!!!
It is very much like real football.
In Champions you dont commit a Foul on purpose anyway, which was wrongly stated by Fritz.
But in champions, there are times when you might actually WANT TO commit a Foul, to get a Sub on, or provoke a non threatening Free Kick, or perhaps give an opposing player a second Injury, break up a controlling field position, etc. so it can have BOTH positive AND negative situations! In real football, fouls are not made intentionally, only in the most desperate circumstances, most of the time they are made from miss tackles or swan diving strikers, they are made out of the natural flow of the game. And that is what happens in Champions too. And of course you can influence that with player positioning as well .

hehehe......very cool.....very clever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sanchez
msg tools
Good question with good answer. When I read the rules it looks like you do foul on purpose. That's how we play. Miguel I think Cwali can answer the questions about the game. You don't own the game either, you said. It's hard to believe that you are not a fake account for Cwali fromwhat I've read on your posts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roninwanderer wrote:
Good question with good answer. When I read the rules it looks like you do foul on purpose. That's how we play.
Play what? Come on "Chris", you already made clear on the latest thread that you have not played it.

Roninwanderer wrote:
It's hard to believe that you are not a fake account for Cwali fromwhat I've read on your posts.
Then you should warn the admins. But I don't think you will, whoever you are.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Roninwanderer wrote:
Good question with good answer. When I read the rules it looks like you do foul on purpose. That's how we play. Miguel I think Cwali can answer the questions about the game. You don't own the game either, you said. It's hard to believe that you are not a fake account for Cwali fromwhat I've read on your posts.

You know what? I don't care about this game or any cwali's game in particular. I do care about games in general and about the smooth running of this site. And it's sad to see this hapening.

No one can believe that "Fischers" and "you" play this game regularly, nor have ever played it even once. When I don't like a game and I never play it, I don't go every given period of time to its page to rant and make believe others that the game is bad. "All you" do think it is, that is clear. You have not played it, you rate it a "2"... whatever you want.

But with your childish silly marketing strategy you are annoying the users that come to the site with good faith trying to learn about games. And because I care about the site I have asked the admins to try and stop this, "you" may find it funny but for us that like the hobby of games in general you are not funny at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Takacs
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I do care about games in general and about the smooth running of this site. And it's sad to see this hapening.

That is exactly how I feel. Hopefully those posts by members that consist of nothing more than unfair and thoughtless criticisms of a game for reasons of malice or for purposes of promoting their own economic self-interest get quickly exposed for what they are and backfire. I have been noticing a lot more of this type of stuff lately and it is a detriment to this site and to people who want to legitimately learn about and discuss games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
France
Caen
(from Valencia, Spain)
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ken. Hopefully the users that want the site to keep being the main gaming place in the internet, in which people come to discuss constructively about games or just learn how they look and play, are still a big majority.

Don't forget the "red cross" icon, it does work, whenever you see these "spams" you can help the admins by clicking on it, no need to argue with them (I try my best to resist, but they are pushing the limits a bit too far)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Teuber
Germany
Langenfeld
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roninwanderer wrote:
When I read the rules it looks like you do foul on purpose. That's how we play.

You don't foul on purpose, because the die has the "final word" on if a foul is commited or not. You can, however, position your players in a way that makes a foul more or less propable. But since you can only commit fouls on your turn, the opponent can see what you are trying to do and react on his own turn to cross your tactic and take counter-measures on foul propabiliy. Unless your strategy is to force your opponent into commiting fouls.

I think it adds a layer of depth to the player positioning options and simulates the real thing quite good: Remember, the players are actually *coaches*, not players on the field. As a coach I may have a "don't foul"-mindset, but what my players do on the green may be another thing.

Reading the rules, I wasn't too sure about this mechanic. Having played the game, I found it pretty fun and, to be honest, a bit of genius.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corné van Moorsel
Netherlands
Maastricht
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
The good thing with these 'attacks' is: It shows that there is 'nothing' to attack on.

The foul rules, since 1991 with provoking fouls, add to the theme realism/atmosphere AND to the tactics. Which is both special for a soccer game, but I don't want to start comparing it with other soccer games.

The other rules in this game are also AND thematical AND meaningfull for tactics/strategy. I now start to see self how good it is. With this game I never felt like being game author, only wanted to simulate soccer matches/tournaments. But with all rules ideas of the players in the past I always said that a thematical rule should be meaningfull for the tactics too. I now understand why it feels so cool.

Each past year the rules of this game changed a bit. A small change I will do next matches self with foul rules: That is scrapping the words "by the shortest path". Then there will be a bit more fouls/cards/injuries, which I like. But that was already the rule years ago. With that rule I found provoking fouls by blocking too powerfull. So I will see how I now think about that. Another rule from the past is of course about direct red cards in case the tackled player was going 'through the defense'. But that was hard to rule in a way it works as purposed. Alike the real soccer rules about that it leaded always to discussions. I like it without direct red cards now, but for simulating soccer more precise you can add that.

Roninwanderer wrote:
When I read the rules it looks like you do foul on purpose.

I just looked. It's very clear, in rules and example texts. Spreading negative comments about rules which are not in the game ... that irritates me, I can only say that's not in the game. I see you write the same on the page of another soccer game at bgg, together with other mistakes, too many mistakes to react on it. I understand that the person behind that soccer game wants to connect it somehow to Champions2020, did the same with StreetSoccer first, that made no sense too. Comparing it will be too much honouring his attempts. I looked at the rules of that game yesterday, after a message here (which was deleted a few minutes later) by 'cooker' that I copied my game. I don't judge other games, but I don't like the minest comparison to such a completely different 'type of game'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.