Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Meetup.com Victoria German Language Meetup Group
badge
Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious about something, and maybe there's something I've misunderstood about the rules.

The share value track goes as high as 30. However, as far as I can tell through experimenting, the most valuable company that can be built would be in the northwest corner towards Brest for a share value of 23. That's with 31 trains (the other two on the Paris start hex, the other on the scoring track).

Am I missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to count to check whether your 23 is exactly correct, but it is a reasonable number.

I suspect that a graphic designer thought that a score track which went up to exactly 23 would look ugly. It would also preclude minor expansions that tweaked valuations slightly.

B>
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
Your sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure but I used it effectively as a teaching tool the other day.

There are only 31 trains in play. I gave the example of scoring of considering the extremes to illustrate the goal.

If a train has 30 connections and you have 1 share = 30 pts
If a train has 1 connection and you have 30 shares = 30 pts
If a train has 15 connections and you have 16 shares = 240 pts

Thus, having too many connections is suboptimal and having too many shares is suboptimal. You need to find a balance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.