Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

If I research a whole track, is it 5 or 11 VP I get in the end of the game?

I personely think it is 11, the 5 on the end is a bonus for just finish with one track.

Why do I think this?
The discount rule, the discount you get is printed on the box where you are about to place ur tech tile (logical?.

Ex; On the first (left most) u get no discount, what ever you bye and place here must be paid fullprice, the next you get 2 in discount caus its whats printed on that box.

And thats why I drew the same conclusion when counting VP's from tech track.

But(!) after reading the list again that tells you where you get your VP's from I got confused, If I understand it right, it tells you to look at the left most visible vp symbol. (not so logical)

Someone woth good knowledge help me put here

EDIT, More questions following

If i choose Indluence, and place a disc on a empty hex that is adjecent to one of my hexes, can I then put my second disc on a hex that now became adjecent due to the disc I just played?

A small question regarding number of diplomatic relations one player can have.
You are given 3 ambassador tokens. And one Ambassador token is requested to form a diplomatic relationships with another player.
Then Why is more then 3 spaces on the "reputation/ambassdaor track" ambassador available?

Thx for answers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulkner
United States
Austin
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: VP's from technology track
It's 5 VP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
You get VP equal to the leftmost uncovered shield for that track. So if you fill up a track, you get 5.

You don't get any points for the covered up ones; instead, you get the new, higher uncovered number.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok thx for the help.

But the discount is still the one where you are placing the tile?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:
Ok thx for the help.

But the discount is still the one where you are placing the tile?

Yes; at the time you buy the tech, you get a discount of whatever is showing in the leftmost uncovered space. Then after you pay for it, you put the tech in that space.

So if you have 1 tech for a row, and want to buy a new one, the leftmost uncovered space shows a -1. So you get a -1 discount, then put the tech on the space with the -1. Thus, the next space says -2, so the next tech you acquire will be worth -2, and so on.

Basically the rule of thumb with a lot of things on your player sheet is "whatever is showing in the leftmost uncovered space"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Tomic
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same logic with discounts: the first (leftmost) visible discount is what you get when you buy the next tile. When you complete a track you see no discount since you cannot buy any more techs, but you see 5 VPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
Tolchock wrote:

If i choose Indluence, and place a disc on a empty hex that is adjecent to one of my hexes, can I then put my second disc on a hex that now became adjecent due to the disc I just played?

yes

Tolchock wrote:
A small question regarding number of diplomatic relations one player can have.
You are given 3 ambassador tokens. And one Ambassador token is requested to form a diplomatic relationships with another player.
Then Why is more then 3 spaces on the "reputation/ambassdaor track" ambassador available?

From the FAQ:
Quote:
Q: Why are there places for five Ambassador Tiles on the Terran Player Board, when you only have (and can thus receive) three tiles?
A: At the moment there is indeed really need for only three places. You can rearrange the Ambassador and Reputation Tiles at any time if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Viktor Karlsson Mantel
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
Tolchock wrote:

yes

One last question (for now )
Does it work the same with Plantas explore action?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
That's in the FAQ too... Yes they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Apart from your storage, every numbered track on your player board works with the same logic: look at the leftmost visible number (be it production, upkeep cost, tech discount, tech VP..).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:
Tolchock wrote:

yes

This came up in our first game last night. Is there an offical source for this ruling? No complaints. I'm just curious.

Another question came up about the Influence action:
Quote:
After placing an Influence Disc, you may activate your Colony Ships to place Population Cubes on the Population Squares on the hex.
After moving the discs, you may also turn two Colony Ships face up. (p.10)

Does this mean you can place your influence discs, use your colony ships to colonise, then turn 2 of them face up and use them to colonise again straight away? Or do you have to turn your colony ships face up before placing population cubes to colonise planets in the system(s) where you placed your influence disc(s)? The text suggests to me that you must turn your ships over first then colonise, but it's not explicit and is therefore a bit ambiguous.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you can Influence one hex with the "first move" and then Influence another one that is connected to it with the second, both discs in this case coming from your track (or some other hexes). You may not move the disc from the hex you first influenced to the second, but you may "leapfrog" if you like.

Yes, you may first influence, then use colony ships, then reactivate two of them and use them again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McLintock
Scotland
Glasgow
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
badge
"Roll dice and kick ass!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Antti. Those are good rulings IMO because they make the Influence action quite powerful.

PS. I went bankrupt on turn 8- which was a laugh; and my 2 friends were really impressed by the game, which bodes well for the future. A good result for a random click-through on a BGG link.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.