United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
As per today's Kickstarter Update by Don Lloyd:

Update #26: Shipment has arrived!!!

Earlier this week the shipment arrived for the game. With great excitement and anticipation I opened the first shipping box and slid out one of the games. There was only a few changes requested back when I received the samples so I knew, for the most part, that everything should be squared away. However, I still was tense opening that first box. Seconds later a wave of relief washed over me as I realized that everything I requested was done properly and was beautiful! Designing the theme, mechanics, and rules for the game were one aspect but I was also the graphic designer for the project. I have always taken great pride and responsibility in the aesthetics behind a project that I am connected to. Regardless, if I am painting a miniature, designing an icon, or fine tuning a game mechanic, I want it to be top notch. Hopefully, this will be apparent once you get a chance to open the box, inspect the components, and play a few games.

As of this morning, I have assembled and signed roughly 200 boxes. Late last night I printed all of the Priority Mail shipping labels for the Kickstarter backers, except for the few International backers. I will be processing/shipping those boxes by hand at the post office. I estimate that a majority, if not all, packages should go out in the mail tonight. I appreciate your patience and promise you that the game(s) will arrive soon. I also wanted to give a heads up to the backers that choose a reward with three or more copies of the game. It is cheaper/easier to mail two "Flat Rate" boxes then it is to find and send out a regular box due to the fact that you lose the flat rate discount. Because of this you may receive two different confirmation notifications from USPS.

The updated/finalized rulebook has been submitted to Board Game Geek (BGG) but is available on my website here: www.knightworks.net/darkhorse/dark_horse_rules_final.pdf
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sobotta
United States
Thief River Falls
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got mine today at work. I have yet to open it. :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine has been processed in Colorado.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alf Seegert
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got mine and opened up the box. Wow! The components are gorgeous: thick tokens, great wooden bits, beautiful dice, and a huge, appropriately thick and beautifully-illustrated board that lies completely flat. (Highly durable box, too!) In short, I found everything to be absolutely first-rate, and I much appreciated the very classy thank-you for Kickstarter supporters and the lovely autograph on the cover.

Don Lloyd deserves a tip of the hat (a 500-gallon cowboy hat) for such a fine production. I really look forward to playing (which might be a little while before I can get to it, unfortunately). I also really look forward to checking out the Outlaw expansion, co-designed by up-and-coming designer Paul Incao. Congratulations all around!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
alfseegert wrote:

---
Don Lloyd deserves a tip of the hat (a 500-gallon cowboy hat) for such a fine production. I really look forward to playing (which might be a little while before I can get to it, unfortunately). I also really look forward to checking out the Outlaw expansion, co-designed by up-and-coming designer Paul Incao. Congratulations all around!

Thanks for the shout out Alf. It was an honor and great experience to work as a developer on Dark Horse with Don as it was to work with you my friend.

-Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Got mine today too! Just unpacked it and really impressed with the production quality. I was really shocked that the tokens were pre-punched!

I only had one bad item, one of the red towns was just a chip of wood. I have to do a full inventory but other then that everything else seems fine.

A great job all around! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine is Out for Delivery
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delivered.

And what a beautiful set of components. Easily worth the wait. Now let's see how she plays.

Thanks, Don and Paul.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Delivered.

And what a beautiful set of components. Easily worth the wait. Now let's see how she plays.

Thanks, Don and Paul.

Thanks Andy. Don is the one to thank. He did a great job pulling everything together. I can't wait to get my copy to the table. It just arrived !
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had one other thing to say, wow, this board is huge! I really like the epic size. No crowding of tokens or action spaces.

Sadly, won't get it played tonight, too many players are showing up. But will try to get a 4 player group together soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sochan

Rhode Island
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sweet, mine just came in today after playing Agricola and Ora et Labora at friends today.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
...I only had one bad item, one of the red towns was just a chip of wood. I have to do a full inventory but other then that everything else seems fine...

Hey Scott, I have the Dark Horse County Assessors on it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
ScottE wrote:
...I only had one bad item, one of the red towns was just a chip of wood. I have to do a full inventory but other then that everything else seems fine...

Hey Scott, I have the Dark Horse County Assessors on it!

It probably got destroyed in the City Fire event!

And thanks so much for sending me a new one! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Darn you are all lucky - mine looks like it's 2 days away from showing up
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K S
United States
Roseville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't had a chance to get this baby to the table yet with one of my groups (OH HOW I WANT TO) but I did give a couple solo games a go tonight. Totally crushed em and beat the goals, but was playing on "easy" to get the hang of everything.

I agree with everyone the components are top notch. I'm sorta bummed though my board game OCD ritual of opening and planning the perfect organization of little baggies or one of my various empty PLANO boxes I keep around for new games. But this falls just shy of any of those. I opened it and inspected everything and went... "huh, crap its mostly done for me", unless I want to build a tray . I did put the "special action" tokens in their own bag aside from the resources, and put the mayor, sheriff, and outlaw stuff in their own bag. OH AND LOVE THE SILVER DIE sexiest die ever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
joker9991 wrote:
...I did give a couple solo games a go tonight. Totally crushed em and beat the goals, but was playing on "easy" to get the hang of everything.

Hard difficulty in the solo scenarios gives players a run for their money but experienced players should still be able to pull off a win once and awhile. The "Hard" difficulty level is quite challenging as players for all intents and purposes are going last every turn, in a quasi four player game. I can only squeeze out a win roughly half of the time on "Hard".

joker9991 wrote:
...OH AND LOVE THE SILVER DIE sexiest die ever.

Thanks! I shopped around for that little beauty for quite awhile. As soon as I found it, I fell in love and was okay with the die costing a little bit more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Incao
United States
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Buy Stronghold Games
mbmbmbmbmb
joker9991 wrote:

I agree with everyone the components are top notch. I'm sorta bummed though my board game OCD ritual of opening and planning the perfect organization of little baggies or one of my various empty PLANO boxes I keep around for new games. But this falls just shy of any of those. I opened it and inspected everything and went... "huh, crap its mostly done for me", unless I want to build a tray . I did put the "special action" tokens in their own bag aside from the resources, and put the mayor, sheriff, and outlaw stuff in their own bag. OH AND LOVE THE SILVER DIE sexiest die ever.

You may consider a GMT counter tray like I am using. See below. I just needed to flip it upside down (once covered) to get it to fit nicely in between the existing box insert.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leder
United States
Plainfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I used a Plano box for organization's sake. I pitched the original cardboard insert:

Works great!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
First Canadian copy reporting in? Kickstarter #89/250.

Just got it today, have to echo the comments above on how beautiful everything is. The city markers are fantastic. Shipping box was a bit beat up, but the condition is ok. The insert has torn along the perforation some, and the cover has a ding or two in it, but I'll live.

Only problem I have right now is finding a pen small enough to sign the loan chits. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reviews? I missed the KS and am seriously considering snatching this before Feb 1, but am on the fence.

CONVINCE ME PEOPLE!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
whattheproblemis wrote:
Any reviews? I missed the KS and am seriously considering snatching this before Feb 1, but am on the fence.

CONVINCE ME PEOPLE!!

Hi there,
We have multiple review copies out but I do not know when they will be posted.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have about specific game play or mention what I feel are highlights in the games design. But, any sort of feedback on game play should come from the game community. I feel it is slightly unfair and incredibly biased for me to rate the game. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
...Just got it today, have to echo the comments above on how beautiful everything is. The city markers are fantastic. Shipping box was a bit beat up, but the condition is ok. The insert has torn along the perforation some, and the cover has a ding or two in it, but I'll live.

Sorry to hear about the rough handling on the box.

UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
Only problem I have right now is finding a pen small enough to sign the loan chits. cool

The loan tokens were initially a joke and I did not intend for the type to be readable. The play testers down here got a kick out of being able to make out the text so I made sure it found its way into the finished game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Dave
United States
Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowkn wrote:
whattheproblemis wrote:

CONVINCE ME PEOPLE!!

Hi there,
We have multiple review copies out but I do not know when they will be posted.

I would be happy to answer any questions you have about specific game play or mention what I feel are highlights in the games design. But, any sort of feedback on game play should come from the game community. I feel it is slightly unfair and incredibly biased for me to rate the game. whistle

Thanks Don for the reply. I have read the rules and checked out comments on the game. I like what I see, and it doesn't hurt that everyone is super happy with the components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gezelius
Sweden
122 48 Årsta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my copy yesterday!
First Dark Horse copy in Sweden?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Don Lloyd
United States
Colorado Springs
CO
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Frogman wrote:
Got my copy yesterday!
First Dark Horse copy in Sweden?

I just verified, you indeed have the only copy of Dark Horse in Sweden!

There are roughly 15 other International copies floating out there with Germany and Spain having the lions share.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.