2 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Art and Graphic Design

Subject: Boardgame for the Blind artwork rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Péter horog
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm wondering if I should make my abstract boardgame more themed, or even if it has a story i shouldn't put too much characters on the box, the card or on the tiles. One have to consider that it has to be touch-able for a blind person. (The visually impaired can touch embossed illustrations to see it e.g. on a card.)
http://garabonczia.deviantart.com/art/Game-for-the-Blind-Pre...
The other thing is that an interactive presentation like this is advised to be taken to a game publisher, or is it better to make a video of the gameplay?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
At this early level of trepidation and in view of your customers - I would probably go around the abstract theme - as in, don't confuse anything with extra theme and images and what not, stick to the "red dice" thing that you have going on, it would be more appropriate in your situation I think.

As far as the things to take to a publisher? If I were a publisher, as long as they didnt take too long to watch, I would probably be happy with both - it would already be something that would set you apart from other designers

sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.