6 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » Rules

Subject: Losing population can benefit target rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rasmus Crumb Sheik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So had my first game and it was good fun, we did run into a situation we thought seemed a bit weird.

My opponent killed 2 out of my 4 population so I kept the disc in the system, then in my upkeep I had 2 free colony ships so I repopulated the 2 empty spaces, meaning that my opponent had just given me 4 free resources by killing my population, since the dead cubes went to the grave yard and the colony ships took from the production tracks.

Well I am pretty sure we played it right, or what?

(of course next turn he bought neutron bombs )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the very end of your turn, during clean up and after upkeep, the cubes in your graveyard go back to your population track.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
Overhamsteren wrote:
So had my first game and it was good fun, we did run into a situation we thought seemed a bit weird.

My opponent killed 2 out of my 4 population so I kept the disc in the system, then in my upkeep I had 2 free colony ships so I repopulated the 2 empty spaces, meaning that my opponent had just given me 4 free resources by killing my population, since the dead cubes went to the grave yard and the colony ships took from the production tracks.

Well I am pretty sure we played it right, or what?

(of course next turn he bought neutron bombs )
This has been errata'd.

During the Upkeep phase, you are not allowed to (re)populate hexes containing enemy ships. You can however, repopulate them during the Action phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Crumb Sheik
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh thanks that's right, stops the benefit thing.

Now I just have to get used to the 'delayed loss' that the grave yard gives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antti Autio
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
badge
Gina, Escher gang leader (Necromunda). Don't mess with her or she'll kick your ass.. actually, she's gonna do it anyway!
mbmbmbmbmb
Overhamsteren wrote:
Oh thanks that's right, stops the benefit thing.

Now I just have to get used to the 'delayed loss' that the grave yard gives.

The extra production issue has been fixed as pointed out above. The graveyard mechanic is very important balance-wise, since without it it would be too easy for richer players to force poorer ones into bankruptcy and out of the game simply by attacking them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See it as a boom after a war. People are motivated to strike back and are more productive (in this case as productive as before).

As happend in history...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.