Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering if any of this can be added to the base game or the white moon expansion to just add to the game without using the player controlled wu-feng stuff? any new ghosts that aren't black secret dependent or anything?
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
♫ Eric Herman ♫
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I like elephants. I like how they swing through trees.
mbmbmbmbmb
mercurycs wrote:
I was wondering if any of this can be added to the base game or the white moon expansion to just add to the game without using the player controlled wu-feng stuff? any new ghosts that aren't black secret dependent or anything?
thanks

I haven't played yet, but based on reading the rules and looking through the components, I don't think so. Everything is pretty much designed with the conflict against the new Wu-Feng player in mind, and the new ghosts tend to reflect only the new elements. There may be a few exceptions, but by and large, I would not buy this unless you intend to play monks vs. Wu-Feng.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mercurycs wrote:
thanks

Not really, there are 10 new ghosts in the deck and 5 of them could be used in just the base game. Flesh Child, Lake Children,Rotten Child, Lava Child, and Doomed Child. They are basically 'haunter' ghosts which doesn't require this or any expansion... Center stone is 'haunt' and right stone is 'add a ghost' are what they bascially are.
All the new Wu Feng are Black Secret dependant as with all the other new stuff.. I wouldn't get this without wanting to play a Wu Feng '5th' player.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Ciscell
United States
Auburn
WA
flag msg tools
designer
Check out my game, Atlantis Rising! :)
mb
Not really without using an Automated Wu-Feng. Even then I far prefer a human Wu-Feng to even my own variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pol Michiels
Belgium
Ottenburg
Vlaams brabant
flag msg tools
badge
Of all people who have nothing to say, those who say nothing are the wisest.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, most of the bloody mantras could be used, as well as the Blood Brothers rule. Both help the taoists, however, so if you did use this, you would be lowering the difficulty.

The demons, catacombs and curses are intimately tied to the Wu-Feng rules, but, as mentioned before, the automated Wu-Feng rules can help you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cory swafford
United States
Waterbury
Vermont
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all for answering my question. Too bad there wasn't enough to just add to the basic gameplay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.