Matt Allen
United States
Grand Ledge
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I read the rules, but I do not understand how this bonus works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Redford
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, if you can finish a ticket with two separate paths, it is open for the Mandala bonus.

For example (using US cities), if you have the route for Chicago to New York complete, you get the points on the ticket. Now, if you can go back from New York to Chicago without using any of the previous routes you just traced to get there, than you would have one ticket complete for the Mandala bonus. The more tickets you do with two complete and different routes, the more bonus points you get.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liang Ta Yen
msg tools
DoomTurtle wrote:
Basically, if you can finish a ticket with two separate paths, it is open for the Mandala bonus.

For example (using US cities), if you have the route for Chicago to New York complete, you get the points on the ticket. Now, if you can go back from New York to Chicago without using any of the previous routes you just traced to get there, than you would have one ticket complete for the Mandala bonus. The more tickets you do with two complete and different routes, the more bonus points you get.

Thanks. Then, what if I have the 3rd complete & independence path?
or the bonus will only happen once per ticket?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon van Oorschot
Denmark
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You can only get it once per ticket.

It works a bit like the longest path. You have to be able to get from one city to the other city on the ticket and back again without using the same trains.

It is really a brilliant idea, as it makes people want to have more routes into the same cities, which causes some intense TTR action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.