Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin
England
Hull
East Riding of Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
But we have to change the rules because Monopoly's so boring!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what the card was called but but someone in my group played a card that removed all wounds from a character. They played it after an enemy had done like five wounds taking their character to a minus health effectivley.
Is that allowed or doeas a character/hero instantly die if they take wounds equal to their health?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jefferson Krogh
United States
San Leandro
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless that healing card is labeled a "Response," it's too late. He's deader than dirt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michele Esmanech
Italy
Milano
Milano
flag msg tools
designer
Dystopian:the manhunt: a worker placement game of investigation, murder and mystery, set in the futuristic megapolis of DYSTOPIA
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Death is instant, as there is no action window in between the moment wounds take place and the death of the hero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
chainsaw_ash wrote:
I'm not sure what the card was called but but someone in my group played a card that removed all wounds from a character. They played it after an enemy had done like five wounds taking their character to a minus health effectivley.
Is that allowed or doeas a character/hero instantly die if they take wounds equal to their health?

Depends, you should find that card for us to find out if it can be correct. If the card is an action then certainly not. If it is a response, is should be specific about when you can use it.

But I can't tell you if you're not more specific.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I am assuming Lore of Imladris

Action: Choose a character. Heal all damage from that character.

It is an action and so the next window would be after the character is discarded.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Rachemoss
United States
Silver City
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.
mbmbmbmbmb
They could have played either Stand and Fight or Fortune or Fate to bring that character back to life depending on whether it was an ally or a hero.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steinbach
United States
Forest Grove
Oregon
flag msg tools
Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a way to save the hero in the situation you presented. However, keep in mind that there is an action window between revealing shadow cards and dealing damage. In some circumstances, then, you might be able to save a wounded hero by playing Lore of Imladris to heal a few wounds from him (or her) before taking additional attack damage.

Right now, the only response effect that actually cancels otherwise lethal damage is that of Frodo Baggins. Unless he's your defender, your character will be toast the instant it receives damage equal to or greater than its health.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Warrender
United States
Rockaway
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aside from what is stated above, remember that Landroval is good for saving Heroes that are dying. Any hero, not just your own. And they come back readied (but with 1 damage token on them).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Germany
Bielefeld
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
To heal a fatally wounded character the effect must be a response (not action) and it must cancel the damage (not heal). The only card in the game that meets these requirements is Frodo's ability as far as I know.

Landroval does something similar but technically it doesnt cancel damage but revives (brings back from the discard pile into the game) a killed hero as a response (as jerkules pointed out).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.