8 Posts

Carcassonne» Forums » Variants

Subject: Which edition of Carcassonne is this? Or is it counterfeit? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
nilox nilox
msg tools
Hello everyone!

Does anyone know (or give a guess) as to which version of Carcassone is this? It looks counterfeit to me but then again it may be a big box set which I am unaware of.

Anyone?

Link: http://detail.china.alibaba.com/buyer/offerdetail/510022479....

It's in Chinese though, probably have to Google Translate it like I did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That appears to include 4 expansions. Looks like Traders and Builders, Princess and Dragon, Inn & Cathedral, and River 2

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Whaley
New Zealand
Christchurch
flag msg tools
Darius I – 73rd Great Khan of the Illustrius Barbarian Horde, Duque San Lorenzo, Marquis de Feltón, Chief of the Zayante, Baron von Whaleyland, Lord Kennedy
badge
Arrgh!
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the Big Box 2 minus the base game. The fourth quarter is Count, King & Cult. You can also read "Rio Grande Games" in the bottom right corner. I don't think it's counterfeit, I just think they cut destroyed the box to make half a box. But it could have been copied to make an expansion pack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nilox nilox
msg tools
But if you look at the other Big Boxes, I can't find one which has only four images of the expansions on the box..

The thing is, the Big Box 3 is sold for 250 in my country but for this special edition, (together with the original - see attached image) it's only sold for 75..

So not sure if I will get conned.. Or if it's the real thing. lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I looked for the "Unite Expansion" as this is called and I couldn't find it either. This could be a scam, or it could be a good deal. I would only take the risk if there is an absolute money-back guarantee, and not from the website, but from your payment method as well. I'd say go for it if they accept paypal because you can always file a complaint with paypal and get your money back.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Shoot
United States
Ferndale
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Wait, are these produced in China? Is there any publisher mentioned?
Couldn't he contact whoever holds the rights to it and see if they have licensed anyone in China to make this?

But then,the one pictured in the link when I went to it doesn't have any Chinese on the box... So... actually, this seems confusing. If the picture on the site is of the actual product, it's more likely that it was carried in from somewhere else. But still, it could just be an unauthorized copy...

Interesting case!

(BTW, my Google translate wouldn't work, so I can only see numbers...
23 Yuan would be a steal. (That's like around $4?) I don't know what the "9000" is for.

Item is in Guangzhou, it appears from the sidebar. If you know that this version is made elsewhere, I would assume it was carried in... and could be quite a bargain! ha!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
house14 wrote:

(BTW, my Google translate wouldn't work, so I can only see numbers...
23 Yuan would be a steal. (That's like around $4?) I don't know what the "9000" is for.

Babelfish Translation

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Northnilly
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an illegal version which is common in China. Its price is quite low than normal

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.