Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My mission doesn't have Battalion Fire Missions, my FO called for fire and the only card I drew with burst icons was one with the triple bursts.

Was that a successful fire mission for regular artillery?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm curious to see an answer for this--I've never figured out the difference between single and multiple bursts on a card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Was that a successful fire mission for regular artillery?

Yes. Three bursts is a successful fire mission. Note that the rules state that the mission is successful "if the Burst icon is present on one of the cards." Having it three times on one card does not change the fact that it is present .

Best,
Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
I've never figured out the difference between single and multiple bursts on a card.

In missions that allow for Battalion Fire Missions, a triple burst icon means that your Fire mission is not only successful, but that you have received a Battalion Fire Mission. 6.7.2G says:

G. Battalion Fire Mission
A variation of an HE or TOT mission is the Battalion fire mission,
which is only available to artillery. If a drawn card contains
the 3-Bursts icon and if the Mission Instructions say Battalion
fire missions are available, then perform a Battalion fire mission.
Choose two Terrain Cards bordering the original target card;
place a Pending Fire Mission Marker on these cards, too. The
cards do not have to be in the LOS of the observer.

Hope this helps!

Ricky
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Howe
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was wondering about the Bn Fire Missions (just ramping-up my gameplay to include more Arty and Mrtr actions).

Are these Battalion Fire Missions something that is directly called for, or is this enabled only if a draw for an Artillery strike contains a card with the triple-bursts? (Basically, a bonus to an artillery strike, if Bn Fire Missons are available during a specific mission).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky Gray
United States
Powder Springs
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You cannot simply call for Bn Fire Missions. The particular mission you are playing first has to state that they are available. Then, during the course of a standard Call for Fire, if the triple burst is drawn, you receive the BFM. Cool stuff.

Best,
Ricky

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Kluck
United States
Hudson
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Preacher wrote:
Quote:
I've never figured out the difference between single and multiple bursts on a card.

In missions that allow for Battalion Fire Missions, a triple burst icon means that your Fire mission is not only successful, but that you have received a Battalion Fire Mission. 6.7.2G says:

G. Battalion Fire Mission
A variation of an HE or TOT mission is the Battalion fire mission,
which is only available to artillery. If a drawn card contains
the 3-Bursts icon and if the Mission Instructions say Battalion
fire missions are available, then perform a Battalion fire mission INSTEAD. Choose two Terrain Cards bordering the original target card;place a Pending Fire Mission Marker on these cards, too. The
cards do not have to be in the LOS of the observer.

Rules by omission is par for course with the majority of wargame rulebooks, I've learned to read them with a Constitutional Scholar's appreciation for detail. Thanks for the clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Howe
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent, thanks for clearing that up, it was not apparent from the rules that this was a bonus based on the draw for artillery.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.