Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If at the start of the 3rd round you pass with 1 cowboy unplaced, would you start the 4th round with 6 cowboy meeples? I've played the game both with cowboys not placed counting as bonus cowboys for the remainder of the game and with each player starting with EXACTLY the number of cowboys listed for the round on the board and I'm still not sure which is correct. Any info or insight would be appreciated!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Mesich
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Horta chortles.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll note that there is a PLUS sign on the board.

You ADD that number of cowboys to both your reserve from passing AND any cowboys in reserve from lost duels.

It's not uncommon when I play for someone to have ALL their cowboys in play going into turn 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mmesich wrote:
You'll note that there is a PLUS sign on the board.

You ADD that number of cowboys to both your reserve from passing AND any cowboys in reserve from lost duels.

It's not uncommon when I play for someone to have ALL their cowboys in play going into turn 4.

Wait a minute, so how does the math work with cowboys? I assumed you started the game with 3 then upped it to 4 in round 2 and then upped it to 5 for the last 2 rounds. If you lose a duel, does that not count towards your total allowed into the next round? Meaning, if I start the game with 3, lose a duel in the first round and take one guy back, do I actually start the second round with 5 and not 4? The rules don't seem to read that way. I thought if you lost a duel, you just got the guy back as added firepower for the rest of the round and that it doesn't also count as a +1 for remaining rounds. Where does it say that in the rulebook?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fred Snertz
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skyzero wrote:
Where does it say that in the rulebook?

Its definitely in there. There is a difference between "general reserve" and "personal reserve". personal reserve is your stuff.

Page 3.
Quote:
The winner’s cowboy goes into the general reserve. The loser will not perform the action he was fighting for. He places his cowboy back into his personal reserve.

Quote:
The maximum number of cowboys in your personal reserve is 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DOH!!!! I mis-interpreted what those meant! That's make a huge difference....better late than never. Thanks everyone!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Kamps
United States
Richmond
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here's another question, if a player lost a duel in Round 1, during Round 2 they would have 5 cowboys correct (instead of the Round 2 starting aunt. of 4)?

Does that mean they will be able to place 5 actions w/ their cowboys on Round 2, or can they only place 4 (like they started with)... only using the other cowboys like they would revolver tokens when calculating duels?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They would be able to place 5 cowboys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.