Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Sjoholm
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, please move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm helping put together a gaming weekend for around 20 guys, and we're going to create some welcome bags. What are some ideas for what could go in them? Answers have to be (a) cheap; and (b) gaming-related.

Some things we've thought of:
1) The bags will be Crown Royal bags. Great for drawing tiles!
2) Some custom dice.
3) Stickers. Do any game companies sell or give away stickers with their logo?

What are some other ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
I want to believe
badge
*distinctive theme song whistle*
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I was going to say that I love custom dice, but you've already got that covered.

You could consider some wooden bits or cool crystals as game piece replacements (like what they've got at Boards and Bits).

Are there other common interests among most of the attendees? Comic books or video games or something? You could get some knick knacks that tie in to those other interests. One of the comic shops by me has a bunch of comic book character buttons. I'd probably throw one into each bag were I making them.

Some goofy trading cards from the 80s or 90s could be fun too. If you remember all the Ninja Turtle cards in wax paper wrappers, that's the kind of thing I'm thinking. You might be able to find a box of them on eBay or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bone
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take-Back-Toe printed rules, printed "board" on a small index card, and some little wood discs to play it with.

also an airplane bottle of CR so you don't get accused of deception.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rennich
United States
Athens
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Card Sleeves, meeples, very useful box, hugo's amazing tape, deck box, baggies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
norman rule
United States
Columbia
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What kind of budget are you talking about?

These magnetic meeples (http://www.etsy.com/listing/56001358/geeky-meeple-magnets-ca...) come in at under $3 each.

If you have some... slow... players, this would be good for a laugh. I've seen it at several vendors at various conventions. I know that I got mine from Our Game Table in Delaware. (http://www.ourgametable.com/) and they cost $1 at the time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sjoholm
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here, please move along.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the suggestions - I'll look into them.

My budget is low - not non-existent, but I don't think I'll be spending more than $100 on the bags.

The longest turn card is hilarious!!

-- Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.