Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
tom alphin
United States
Kirkland
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The description in the rules for when you can deploy an improvement to a tile are poorly written:

"The improvements can be built into a plot (in which case they are printed on the plot) or can be added if a player has acquired an improvement chip thanks to the “Clouds” weather condition. If a player has an improvement in his reserve, it can be used at any time during his turn; this does not count as an action.

Improvements can only be added to plots where bamboo has not yet grown (this means plots which were just placed, plots which are not irrigated, and plots where the Panda has just eaten everything!).

Each plot can have one and only one Improvement (whether built-in or added), and it is not possible to change it later."

Specific Questions:
1) Can you deploy an improvement (which is already in your reserve from the "cloud" dice roll) to a tile as you are playing it next to the lake, which will be therefore be irrigated immediately.)

This particular quote caused me the confusion: "this means plots which were just placed"

2) Can you deploy an improvement to a tile that is irrigated, but doesn't have any bamboo growing on it? (It seems like you can, but this would only happen if the panda ate the first piece of bamboo which was placed on that spot when it was irrigated for the first time.

Depending on the interpretation of Question #2 above, it seems the following sentence should be changed:

from: "Improvements can only be added to plots where bamboo has not yet grown"

to simply: "An improvement can only be added to a plot where there is no bamboo growing and no other improvement."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoff Lag
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
henrysunset wrote:

Specific Questions:
1) Can you deploy an improvement (which is already in your reserve from the "cloud" dice roll) to a tile as you are playing it next to the lake, which will be therefore be irrigated immediately.)

This particular quote caused me the confusion: "this means plots which were just placed"

2) Can you deploy an improvement to a tile that is irrigated, but doesn't have any bamboo growing on it? (It seems like you can, but this would only happen if the panda ate the first piece of bamboo which was placed on that spot when it was irrigated for the first time.

Depending on the interpretation of Question #2 above, it seems the following sentence should be changed:

from: "Improvements can only be added to plots where bamboo has not yet grown"

to simply: "An improvement can only be added to a plot where there is no bamboo growing and no other improvement."

The simple sentence is correct.
There is an incoming FAQ translation in english from Antoine Bauza, the author. French readers already have it here : http://www.antoinebauza.fr/?p=2262

1. No you can't. Actually, the plot comes with the irrigation. So with the lake-side tile placement.
2. Yes you can. The 2 conditions : no bamboo on the tile and no improvement (may it be chip or printed).

Enjoy !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
el payo
France
flag msg tools
hanshu wrote:
henrysunset wrote:

The simple sentence is correct.
There is an incoming FAQ translation in english from Antoine Bauza, the author. French readers already have it here : http://www.antoinebauza.fr/?p=2262

1. No you can't. Actually, the plot comes with the irrigation. So with the lake-side tile placement.

Yes, we can !

The french FAQ available in www.antoinebauza.fr says :
"Le joueur qui met en jeu une Parcelle a la possibilité d’ajouter un Aménagement dessus avant que le Bambou ne pousse sur la Parcelle."

which means :
"The player who plays a tile can add an improvement on it just before the bamboo grows on the tile."

My english is not very good but I think my translation is clear enough.

Thanks again to Jean-Baptiste Bouleau who made this FAQ which was approved by Antoine Bauza himself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yoff Lag
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My bad (sorry )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matagot Contact
Switzerland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I confirm that the answer is yes to both questions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.