Popular Tags: [View All]
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just finished my first game. And...I Lost. I was in the Bandit Lair with my Dwarf Axe, Ring of Dawn and Elf Boots, along with my Dispel Potion, and a couple of nice big red apples. I killed Goblorc, easily. It took twice through to get past the bandits, but the Trap Room did me in. I couldn't get past it. I played a 4 power card of orange (INT), took my extra power card, which of course was a 4, then the next card I drew was a 1, yikes. The cards wouldn't match up and I end up dog meat in the Trap Room, with the Bandit Leader laughing at me behind the door.

It was a lot of fun to play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played my first game today and got similar result. Got all special items, got to the Bandit(on last day). I had agi 4,1, int 4,4,3, str 1... Which was pretty dire looking. That was after using all healing items. I also had 2 daggers on me.

Battle with guard? I played 4 int + dagger + axe + 3 agl, which let me beat him easily.

Running away from bandits? I started with 4 agi + elf boots. Got 4 white as bonus... But only +2 effort, so I lost 1HP.
Second attempt? I used that 4 white, added elf boots, and again got only +2 effort losing 1HP again.
At that point even if I would pass the test I would have to use last card on next test and die, so I played just to see if I would finally pass.
I had 4 and 3 int on my hand so I played 4, as I was dead either way. Added elf boots... And got 2 effort.

Yay, three +2 power cards in a row

But it was really fun, and also quick to play. Great stuff when I'm waiting for people to show up, or I just have some time off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.