Glory to Rome» Forums » General

Subject: The New Building AND The New Expansion Idea Discussion Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb

Yes, i know Glory to Rome has already Chosen there 20 new Promo Cards. So now do we sit on our butts and wait for them to post another building idea geeklist? No!! Get that fantastic building idea out of your Geeky guts and Get it on this thread!

AND

If you had to make an expansion, How would you make it, what would be in it? How will this alter the game? Stuff like that?
Make sure to critique other Ideas before you post your guts out and bury one poor kid's fantastic idea in this forums.

Lets have Fun and Productive discussion now I'll kick this thread off with the first Building Idea, and Expansion Idea.

Catapult/Trebuchet - Stone.

To load the Catapult, you would need to build it, Once it is built/loaded it would fire(upon Completion), once it fires, It will need built again in order to fire a 2nd time. Can Fire an Infitie amount of times, or finite depending on how crazy this card is, but remeber this is glory to rome we are talking about..

Why- No building has Ever Been Directly Offensive,
This Could Destroy Buildings, or a more reasonable amount which is, Take away 2 materials from it, if there are no more Materials left, it would lose its site/influence which means bye bye secured VP's and It could crush an enemy's main strategic building, devil

You can Target Sites, Buildings, or Incomplete Buildings. Even your own buildings if you want to wound your building so you can build it back up to perform an " upon completion" action.

This Catapult Could Trigger because of an Upon Completion action,......OR..................my new expansion idea,

Expansion Idea

The Real Kicker to this Expansion would be Offensive/Defensive Options. Legionary Offensive, Craftsman Defensive. I will start with the Legionary.

The Legionary Order Card Also Activates Offensive Machinery.

Meaning, you need to play a Legionary order card to Fire the Built/loaded Catapult or "activate Offensive weaponry" this can go along with possible future ideas including Seige tower, Battering Ram, Calvary, Theres countless amounts of What the Romans used back then. So in this expansion there would be Alot of Offensive and Defensive options.

Maybe the machinery dont have to be buildings, Mabye the would be there own cards, but needed to be activated by the Legionary, I cant think of a way that would work now, So building up a building and have it activate (losing all of its materials) will have to do!!

Mainly What im trying to say
There should be some direct offense. Sure its fun to building an unstoppable economic engine, but with this stuff included, you would Seriously Worry about defending your "Rome"and pray you get a wall/pallisade/Gate, which will break after 2 hits of the Catapult, Palaside 1 hit. Gate should also have an Additional defensive action. Situations Like these will make Glory to Rome Freakin Epic. The Roman Army was an Offenseive Power house Historical Influence? Hello? The Craftsman Could Now Be a Defensive order card, thus making him less powerful becuase he will be used Less to make buildings insanely fast and more to Maintain and Defend, Thus Balancing.

Post away, Dont forget to Discuss/Critique also!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Seater
United States
Ashland
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
I help designers improve their games.
badge
Feed me...games...
mbmbmbmbmb
Catapult [][][]
instead of a legionary action:
add a token
OR
remove all tokens to destroy one incomplete building with cost equal or less than the number of tokens removed

Siege Tower [][]
add a token to the tower
OR
remove X tokens to perform X legionary actions against each opponent, ignoring palisades

Guardpost []
add a token
OR
remove 1 token to trigger a client

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.