nico34fr nico34fr
France
flag msg tools
cards says "play if FSP is not in a region containing a free peoples settlement"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Peter. I believe this was also the ruling in the first Edition of War of the Ring. I have emailed Roberto about it just to make sure it still is that way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nico34fr nico34fr
France
flag msg tools
i thought that if the settlement is not owned by FP it could not be considered as a "free people settelment"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu Author of the War of the Ring Companion
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
A Free Peoples Settlement is per definition a Settlement within the borders of a Free Peoples Nation.

Even if Carrock has fallen to the Shadow there are still people and urban ares which provide a level of protection for the Fellowship.

This is the designers' ruling, for now. Once the designers have decided on how a future FAQ document for War of the Ring Second Edition will look they ofcourse could reverse this. But for now play it as it literally is worded on the card.

This applies to the following Shadow Character Event cards:
"Orc Patrol"
"Isildur's Bane"
"Foul Thing from the Deep"
"Candles of Corpses.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
nico34fr nico34fr
France
flag msg tools
ok thank you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.