Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,
in 13.94.3 is written;
"In step two any enemy units (enemy to the ATGM firer) can conduct Opportunity Fire against the ATGM unit, with their inherent Firepower or any Support Weapon that uses the DFT."

...well, does the word "any" mean that more hexes containing enemy units can perform OP?
or
just from only one Hex/units can be performed OP as per standard 5.3 Opportunity Fire rule?

e.g.
a Mi-24 declares its ATGM fire,
US player has 3 infantry units in 3 different Hexes with a valid LOS to Mi-24:
can all the 3 infantry units fire OP against Mi-24?
or
only one Hex/unit can perform OP fire?

Thank in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Atack
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say stick with Rule 5.3 and don't confuse "any" with "all".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think I've seen this rule come into effect in a game yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
...one more (i hope last one ) question about ATGM fire and just to be sure....

In ATGM rules is stated that:
no units is elegible to perform "Assault Move" and fire ATGMs or, opportunity fire ATGMs after Assault Moved...

Does it mean that units can ALWAYS perform Opp.Fire with ATGMs provided that they have not performed "Assault Move" before?...correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:
Only units that would be eligible for Op. fire normally.

So no units that are under a "Fire" marker, for example.

Hi SJ,
thank you.

So units with no Fired, Moved or Assault Move markers can Op.fire ATGMs...right?

but if not-marked ATGM unit can Op.fire, it lead me to confusion :

in 13.94.3 is written;
"In step two any enemy units (enemy to the ATGM firer) can conduct Opportunity Fire against the ATGM unit, with their inherent Firepower or any Support Weapon that uses the DFT."

...well: in the case a unit declares Op.Fire with ATGM can an enemy elegible unit (using DFT) fire against ATGM-unit to prevent ATGM attack?

...the matter is that if a unit performs Op.Fire using ATGM means that unit belongs to non-active player (...Op. Fire is performed by non-active units only)...so, the enemy player unit (the one that should Op.Fire against ATGM according to 13.94.3 rule) belongs to active player and could NOT perform Op.Fire...am i getting confused?!gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:
Only units that would be eligible for Op. Fire normally.

They are the only units eligible to take the interrupting Op. Fire roll against an ATGM firing unit.

If you are asking about ATGM weapons, those are Ordnance and not DFT weapons.

hemmm...i was editing my reply whilst You have posted Your second reply ...

welll...yes...my question was about standard (not interrupting) Op.Fire performed by ATGM.
so, if i well read You, not-marked ATGM unit can Op.fire...but as i wrote before (and now i re-write) it leads me to confusion :

in 13.94.3 is written;

...well: in the case a unit declares Op.Fire with ATGM can an enemy elegible unit (using DFT) fire against ATGM-unit to try interrupting ATGM attack?

...the matter is that if a unit performs Op.Fire using ATGM means that unit belongs to non-active player (...Op. Fire is performed by non-active units only)...so, the enemy player unit (the one that should Op.Fire against ATGM according to 13.94.3 rule) belongs to active player and could NOT perform Op.Fire...am i getting confused?! soblue

e.g.
American M1 moves in a ATGM soviet WT LOS,
ATGM soviet WT Op.Fires with ATGM,
can an American infantry unit perform DFT interrupting Op.Fire against ATGM soviet WT standard Op.fire?...

Is possible an Op.Fire against an Op.fire?gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Which means that M-1 moves, Soviet ATGM takes Opportunity Fire, American squad (DFT) takes Opportunity Fire at Soviet ATGM crew. M-1 continues impulse.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank all of You a lot...

I can also image to be right in interpreting some game processes and their rules; but it is important to get confirms too

For the same reason, i suppose that it's the same for "Opp.Movement" Skill Card:

1) enemy activated unit moves and triggers my "Opp.Movement" Skilled Hero,
2) my "Opp.Movement" Skilled Hero stops enemy activated unit movement and performs his Opp.Movement,
3) other enemy elegible unit (different from the one was moving) Op.Fires against my "Opp.Movement" Skilled Hero...

i.e.: Opp.Fire (by active player unit) performed against Opp.Movement (of non active player unit)

...correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kev.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
Read & Watch at www.bigboardgaming.com
Is there an atgm involved?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ste.
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SJBenoist wrote:
Yes, Stefano, same kind of sequence.

Hi, SJ
...i supposed so but i wanted to be sure for it represents an exception to the 5.3 Opportunity Fire "...This is called Opportunity Fire (OF); it occurs during the opposing player's impulse..." ...and Op.Firing unit, in my example, is not firing in the opposing player's impulse...

Thank You to confirm my guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.