Prêt-à-Porter» Forums » Rules

Subject: Retail outlet and stars during preparation months rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Måns Bruun
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
We had a first real game session with PaP yesterday and ofcourse some rule questions appeared that I really cant finde the answer to in the rule book. Most of them we found already discuessed here but some still remain even though they are similar to this thread http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/727627/stars-and-stuff Anyhow the questions are

1. If you buy Retail outlet and have a some stars in your possesion since last show, will it activate immediately in comming maintaitence phase (I guess it will but we had a discussion about it so I ask anyhow). If yes to this question I guess the same is true if Retail outlet is developed ,i.e you get the cash and a monthly income up to 10$.

2. Next question I am more uncertain about, in a former thread I saw that the authers of the rulebook interprete the rules as: If you aquire stars during the preparation months (from cards as with TV appearence or Face of the Company) those will also count in Retail outlet bonus immediately. I just wonder how this can be consquent with the rules since

a, those cards activate in model phase, to me it seems logic that stars are not available to the company before the fashion-show month where they should have been 'awareded'.

b, if those stars somehow are activated during the preparation months and thereby add to Retail outlet, why are the not exchanged in the Stars exchange phase and converted to gold money like the rest of those stars.

I will ofcourse accept the interpretation of the authers still find it a bit odd in relation to the rest of the rules (not that it would be the first time this happened in a board game to me
a,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Szymon Zachara
Poland
Katowice
Silesia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes
2. You'll get this Stars at the moment of Show (the show icon on the Face of the Company etc. cards), so they will count to Retail Outlet from the moment of show month. Answer 'A' is correct.

Maybe Arti didn't wrote it clear enought in the former thread, but it is how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Måns Bruun
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for such a quick reply Szymon, now it make much more sense.

And thanks for a great game, it will certainly bring some tricky but good gaming sessions in the near future
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.