Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wonder, if you are allowed, or even MUST attack the same enemy general with the same own general in the same combat phase for a second time, if the first fight was a tie?

In the end, there is nothing in the rules, which says, that every specific pair of generals can only fight once per combat phase? If a fight ended in a tie, the conditions for a mandatory attack are still met:

1. The two combattants are still adjacent to each other from the beginning of the combat phase.
2. A general, which retreated can neither attack nor be attacked in the same combat phase BUT neither of both generals retreated so far.

So I conclude: they MUST repeat the fight? It could even make sense for the attacker to repeat the fight, if he just found out in the tie before that the other player has no more cards left to play.

If that is true, I wonder, what happens if neither of both players has any appropriate cards left to play and the army numbers are equal, so the game is locked in an endless row of repeated ties?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard sivel
Germany
berlin
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mb
A combat which ends as a tie is not re-fought in the same combat phase.

However, both generals still have to resolve other fights. For instance:

P1 is adjacent to A1 on city X and A2 on city Y.

The first fight is P1-A1, which ends as a tie. No losses, no retreats.

After that the fight P1-A2 is resolved.

(You can also think that way: All mandatory fights are announced at the beginning of the combat phase. You resolve them one after the other. If a combat situation does not exist anymore due to a retreat, the combat is canceled.)

Hope that helps

richard

p.s.: I will answer your other questions regarding the fatecards tonight, when I can have a look on the text of the cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Delano
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Except there was a combat this phase, so the condition for the mandatory attack has been met. It doesn't say they have to keep battling, just that there has to be a battle during the combat phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Otte
Germany
Münster
Nordrhein-Westfalen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frunkee wrote:
Except there was a combat this phase, so the condition for the mandatory attack has been met. It doesn't say they have to keep battling, just that there has to be a battle during the combat phase.

This is impossible, because new "pairs" of combattants in the same combat phase after it's beginning can only arise by retreats. But generals who retreated can neither attack nor be attacked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.