Subject: What kind of glue should I buy for Dust Tatctics minis? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sérgio Iglésias
Portugal
Porto - V.N. Gaia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recently bought Dust tactics and while assembling the walkers some fragile parts(machine guns and lights) broke, I never glued minis so, what kind of glue should I get for this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super glue (otherwise known as Cyanoacrylate or CA glue) will work just fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use this stuff for any plastic models I'm building....

Don't know if you can easily get it over there, and it's more glue then you would need, but it lasts forever if kept sealed.

Some glues will actually melt the plastic. So you want to be sure that what you get was made for plastic models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Stahler Jr.
United States
Wheelock
Vermont
flag msg tools
Check out Truesight and other award-winning fiction at davidstahlerjr.com!
mbmbmbmbmb
Model glue/Plastic Cement works better than superglue. It works fast and actually melts the plastic slightly before rebonding for a stronger fix. Superglue takes longer to dry and didn't seem to work as well when I tried it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Palmer
Canada
Ayr
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Super glue should dry faster than plastic cement. I've got a bottle of super glue that dries in only 5 seconds (which is actually faster than what you'd want, but you can get them in a variety of drying times.)

But I haven't really used plastic cement. My wife knocked over ALL my medium walkers onto the floor once, and fixed them all with super glue, and I can't even tell now where they were broken (except for a couple pieces that used to be removable but now aren't.)

But I think you're good either way, although they each requires a slightly different technique to use.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Plastic cement for plastic models, a much stronger bond than super glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, the subject has been quite properly covered, but just to sum up... either type,(superglue or plastic glue) will work. Personally, I prefer plastic glue for plastics, and have indeed done so for my Dust figures...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sérgio Iglésias
Portugal
Porto - V.N. Gaia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used Cyanoacrylate and had a hard time gluing some thinner parts that were broken but they are good now, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.