Subject: I play Eve Online and I want to open a cyno to hot drop! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rion Hanson
United States
Juneau
AK
flag msg tools
So playing Eclipse the other night I started thinking of possible ways to incorporate a cynosoral field into the game. I play Eve online and I get alot of the same feeling playing this game, ie figuring out how to best fit your ships, traveling through worm holes, and attacking carebears ;). In eve you could jump some chump and then all of a sudden he lights a cyno and drops in his cap fleet on top of you.

I think it would be cool incorporate this in the same way into eclipse, so that you could have a cyno attached to your ship and then be able to activate it and say drop in your two dreads from across the map.

Now incorporating this into the game is more difficult then just creating a new tech and ship upgrade as the fun part of the cyno is making it so your opponents dont know you have one attached and they get a fun surprise during their combat round.

At first I thought about puttying it on a discovery tile that you would hide as 2 vp selection on your board until you need to light it and then flip it over. The problem here is people would probably know you had one as in my games no one ever keeps their discovery tiles they seem to always use the benefit over the vp's.

So my second thought was to actually make it a reputation tile. You would draw it out of the bag for participating in combat and then hide it on your board until you need it. When needed during your combat round instead of attacking you would light the cyno on one of your ships and flip over the reputation tile. The only ships that could jump to your cyno would be your two dreads from anywhere on the board. They would then insert themselves in combat based on normal initiative values.

The reputation tile with the cyno on it would then have to stay on your board flipped for the rest of the game and thus taking up one of your vp slots. I would also probably limit the amount of these tiles in the bag to 2 maybe 3.

So yeah let me know what you guys think of this and if you have any better ideas for incorporating this better into the game let me know!

PS Why couldn't the actual eve licensed board game been good like this game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Richardson

Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmb
Eclipse has been out for a month, and you already want to ruin it like Eve was ruined with cynos and capital ships? gulp

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rion Hanson
United States
Juneau
AK
flag msg tools
LOL true true, I dunno maybe not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Grawan
Germany
Lehrte
Niedersachsen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard of Eve.... but what's a cyno supposed to he???
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forrest & Ryan Driskel
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eve is a game I wish I could play.

Personally, I want the EVE ships as my miniatures, but ah licensing...

What about an ancient ship part that you have to equip on one of your ships, allowing your dreads to jump to the ships location, but on the turn AFTER you light it, so that your opponents have a turn to blow up your ships first!

I think keeping it hidden would make it too powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Off topic but as a person who just enjoys the world of gaming, I always keep an eye on EVE. It's not my favorite to play but it's a fascinating world and one of the only true sandbox universes, also. Luckily, you don't need to play it to enjoy all the stories that come out of it.

My favorite quote I read somewhere is, "EVE Online: The best time had not playing a game"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.