Popular Tags: [View All]
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb

In this image the US unit in the wooden building in G7 is firing at the German unit next to him in H6. The fire attack d10 roll, after a successful morale check, was 1.

My question is about the final total against the German and if modifiers can dip below 0 during before applying a unit's casualty rating.

Is it ... 1 (roll) - 3 (adjacent) + 1 (wooden building) = -1 total? Then ...

+ 3 or 7 (German casualty rating) = 2 or 6 (and if 6, eliminated)?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Rzymkowski
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're calculations are correct (at least the same as mine )

Jim already posted that negative is ok: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8185910#8185910
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCormick
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, those Germans are no more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Up Front fan, Cats were once worshipped as gods and they haven't forgotten this, Combat Commander series fan, The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!, Fields of Fire fan
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
rzymek wrote:
You're calculations are correct (at least the same as mine )

Jim already posted that negative is ok: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8185910#8185910

Yeah, I thought I'd seen that before but my search-fu is weak today. Thanks (Sean too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Krohn
United States
New York
flag msg tools
designer
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Ahhh....my misspent youth...
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the negative numbers thing is a bit of a hang up. I am actually giving some consideration to reversing the modifiers and having them modify the firepower instead of the die roll so that you will never get a negative roll. As has been pointed out to me, it would make the calculations easier.

Thanks everyone for chiming in on the answers. There are quite a few people who are becoming really good at this system that are posting in the forum. The more you can answer questions, the more I can work on finishing the next module.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.