Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fedor Ilitchev
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I love Battleline - it has stood the test of time as few games have. I see that this game uses similar mechanics, for those who have played both, how does it compare? Is this as much of a brain-burner as you would hope from a "multiplayer battleline"?...or is it more of a luck-fest?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Weber
Germany
Wendeburg
Germany
flag msg tools
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
badge
Yo quiero estar contigo, vivir contigo, bailar contigo
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played both games, although Team Manager once only. Quite frankly I do not believe that both games have much in common:

- In battle line you play card into different sections, often making it a tough decision in what section you will play which card. In Team manager you play cards into the games (comperable to the sections in battle line), but the decision which card to play is not nearly as nail biting, as you do not draw fresh cards after every card-play

- There is LOTS of luck in TeamManager especially if you play a team with lots of cheat tokens. Team Manager is fun to play because it is a Blood Bowl game (which is also full of luck elements). Apart from the card draw, there is no luck in battle line

- Team Manager is dripping with theme and lots of specials on the cards, battle line is rather dry (in the basic version it could more or less bit played with poker cards).

So I guess you'd be disappointed by Team Manager if you are looking for a multiplayer Battleline or a Brainburner, which Teammanager is certainly NOT
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Guijo
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry , but i really think this two games have nothing in common.BB Team Manager is a heavy themed game while battleline its an abstract one. I cant compare this two. Battleline its a great abstract game, hone of the best i have. BB Team Manager is a deck building strategy card game, very different from the other. Of course BB has a lot of luck involved but its strategy that wins a game.

Hope I have helped you.

(sorry about my english, its not my native language)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip DeCarbo
United States
Beaver Falls
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to partially disagree with the two above. There is some of the same "Where do I commit?" feeling that Battle Line does.

Other than that, though, they are very much different games. I, too, was hoping to find a "multi-player Battleline" in this game, and it's not quite there.

Closer, but still not quite the same, would be Chicago Poker, but I found that the downtime in it takes away from it in larger groups.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Booker Hooker
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle Line is such a great game. BBTM is entertaining but I'm not sure for how long. I've got over 100 plays of BL and don't think that I'll ever get rid of my copy. I doubt that BBTM will even see a quarter of that many plays.

And I'll agree with the posters above. The two games may have a slightly similar feel as far as playing cards to different spots, but ultimately have nothing else in common. BBTM isn't a bad game, but it has nowhere near the elegance that Battle Line has.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.