Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » Strategy

Subject: City assults rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Another rules clarification, by arriving at the hex adjacent to the city you can see what is garrisoned? The clix bases suck but I had level 5 green with one white one purple and one red garrisoning it.

Then you attack, do you attack all 3 in the same vein as a spawning ground (i.e block each one in turn and do a hypermega death attack) or do you get the option to choose which monster you fight? The rules talk about the placement of shields for each monster you defeat so i'm guessing its the latter?

Gotta say without minions your really boned in this game, poor village placement in our last game meant two of us would have needed to spend around 12 movement points to go BACK to the village to recruit up (we were unlucky in that the first turn had 2 people snaffle up the village recruits and the other two of us just saw endless supplies of monks turn up after)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blunder1983 wrote:
Hey guys,

Another rules clarification, by arriving at the hex adjacent to the city you can see what is garrisoned?


Yes. This is written on the city rules card.

Quote:
The clix bases suck but I had level 5 green with one white one purple and one red garrisoning it.


There are no red enemies in cities. You're probably looking at a brown circle there.

Quote:
Then you attack, do you attack all 3 in the same vein as a spawning ground (i.e block each one in turn and do a hypermega death attack) or do you get the option to choose which monster you fight? The rules talk about the placement of shields for each monster you defeat so i'm guessing its the latter?


No, the former.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
Australia
Brisbane
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This will help you:

http://bgg.cc/filepage/74078/city-reference-cards-pdf-for-pr...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Leigh
United Kingdom
Leighton Buzzard
Beds
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks guys, so many places to look.

That file is a godsend, the clix bases are something I learnt to properly loathe in SW: Fleet Captains and they're back with a bang in this one too! At least these ones turn...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal U
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well it's pretty obvius which collor is which, when you realise orcs and dragons don't go into the cities. Only white, purple, gray and brown.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul S
United Kingdom
Leeds
West Yorks
flag msg tools
DARK IN HERE, ISN'T IT?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I made the exact same mistake first time I tackled a city. Throwing a draconum into the mix was not good. I've got the reference sheet now, so won't be looking at the clix bases again.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Corban
Canada
Newmarket
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
blunder1983 wrote:
Gotta say without minions your really boned in this game, poor village placement in our last game meant two of us would have needed to spend around 12 movement points to go BACK to the village to recruit up (we were unlucky in that the first turn had 2 people snaffle up the village recruits and the other two of us just saw endless supplies of monks turn up after)

Any particular reason why you didn't just head to the monasteries and recruit?

I did this in my game last night. I saw that the monasteries had some good stuff early, so I saved up and recruited from there. I didn't burn a single one the entire game (and also didn't attack any keeps), so I was able to effectively use them for healing, buying advanced actions, and recruitment. My opponent ended up burning all but one by the end of the game, but I enjoyed being friends with the monks and was able to maintain a +2 reputation until the final city assault.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.