Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tracy Cobbs
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm copying and pasting this from my post in the Dominant Species forum. Feedback is welcomed.

bobcatscry wrote:
Is there any interest in creating a guild for the purpose of bringing together players who want to play Dominant Species online via the Vassal module? As you can see here, there are already PBEM guilds for 18XX, Acquire, Diplomacy, Tigris and Euphrates, Through the Ages, and other games.

PROS: By taking discussions of PBEM out of the main DS forum, we focus the discussion more, and avoid cluttering up the main forum. If we dream big, we might even plan toward league play eventually, as they have on boardgaming-online.com for Through the Ages.

CONS: By taking ourselves out of the main forum, we perhaps make ourselves harder to find. I suppose there are some BGG users who don't even know that guilds exist.

One thing I'd like to hear from people in the discussion is if anyone participates in any of the already-existing PBEM guilds and can provide insight on how they're set up.

I'm willing to help however I can, if the DS community decides to take this step. However, I don't think I'm up to the job of being the Guild's manager. For one thing, it costs 10 GG to create a guild, and I don't have 10 GG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Cobbs
United States
Decatur
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This guild was approved by BGG Admins today, 01/13/12.

You can join by going to this page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.