Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign game can go from one hour to 10 hours at the extremes. But 4-6 is not a bad ballpark for an average game between evenly-matched players.

I've never played a scenario and have never spoken to or heard of anyone who has admitted to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dieroll Honker wrote:
The campaign game can go from one hour to 10 hours at the extremes. But 4-6 is not a bad ballpark for an average game between evenly-matched players.

I've never played a scenario and have never spoken to or heard of anyone who has admitted to it.

I play them, particularly the 1863 scenario and there are a nice set of tournament mini scenarios created by Don Chappell long ago that are really good.

Playing time varies, but my usual rule of thumb is 40 minutes per turn.

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's comforting to hear that the game works also with different scenarios. This is also a replayability matter for me even though a shorter playing time possibility is an important thing to have in a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Van Dam
Canada
Houston
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
I play them, particularly the 1863 scenario and there are a nice set of tournament mini scenarios created by Don Chappell long ago that are really good.

Where can we find these tournament mini scenarios?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Scurvodsky wrote:
MarkHerman wrote:

Where can we find these tournament mini scenarios?

Here you go...

http://markherman.tripod.com/tournamentscenarios.html

Mark
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Gautier

Rhinebeck
New York
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MarkHerman wrote:
I play them, particularly the 1863 scenario and there are a nice set of tournament mini scenarios created by Don Chappell long ago that are really good

Come to think of it, I do remember Mark posting on CSW that he plays the FtP scenarios. I am corrected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.