Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: asljr_rsp [+] [View All]
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it legal in the RPh to recombine two HS into a squad and then transfer one SW from this just recombined squad to a different squad in the same Location?

I'm asking because I don't know if these two actions (recombine and transfer) count as two different actions and thus cannot be done by the same unit in the same RPh.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am led to believe that transfer of SW is an action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thompson
United States
Homewood
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Advanced Sequence of Play will tell you exactly what you want to know. Mine is not handy or I'd look it up. But the ASOP is part of the rulebook and it defines things like this.

I'm guessing you can't do both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tompy wrote:
The Advanced Sequence of Play will tell you exactly what you want to know. Mine is not handy or I'd look it up. But the ASOP is part of the rulebook and it defines things like this.

I'm guessing you can't do both.

I've checked the ASOP before posting, but I could not decide whether it is allowed or not. The related part of the ASOP says:

1. RALLY PHASE
Only one action (attempt) allowed per unit per RPh [EXC: repair, rally, Recovery].
1.1 START OF RPh:
1.13B May Recombine Good Order HS.
1.2. DURING RPh:
1.22B May Transfer SW.

I don't know if this separation between "start" and "during" the RPh means something or not.

Any ideas?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
here you go.

Quote:
A4.431 Can units who transfer SW perform other
actions (e.g., Recombining, Scrounging, etc.) in
the same RPh?
A. No. [Gen22.5; An95w; An96; Mw]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lesulm1 wrote:
Yes, I believe you can. Recombining (A1.32) is described as an action. But transfer (A4.431) says during RPh, in the same location "Stacks may be freely rearranged to change possession of SW/Guns...". And does not call transfer an action.

Deployment, Recombining and Recovery are clearly specified as sole actions during the RPh.

Transfer is not so specified, so it could be a free action. But I'm not really sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
here you go.

Quote:
A4.431 Can units who transfer SW perform other
actions (e.g., Recombining, Scrounging, etc.) in
the same RPh?
A. No. [Gen22.5; An95w; An96; Mw]

Ok, thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
See also:

RPh: Transfer of Weapons - Who is taking the action? (ASLSK #1)
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/605112/rph-transfer-of-w...

...where a question to Perry Cocke confirmed that transfer is indeed an action in ASL. Perry was asked for a ruling on the full ASL rules, even though the question was asked on the ASLSK #1 page.

Quote:
Q: Is a unit that _receives_ a transferred SW during the RPh also charged as having performed an "action," and therefore ineligible to perform another action? (A4.431)

A: Yes, other than receiving other weapons.

....Perry
MMP

(I'm surprised that Martí Cabré didn't remember this one.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
lesulm1 wrote:
I'm not doing too well on rules questions. blush

Thanks for the clarification.

The way to learn is trying. Thanks for helping.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ouch. Did not remember that thread.
I have to do more homework...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jay, how do you handle old rules threads?
Do you have the interesting ones linked somewhere or do you just use the search function to locate threads you remember?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Martí Cabré wrote:
Jay, how do you handle old rules threads?
Do you have the interesting ones linked somewhere or do you just use the search function to locate threads you remember?

For the most part I just rely on memory... I only use the search function as a last resort if all else fails, as I haven't found it to be very useful in the past.

But BGG has other tools that can be helpful. For example, I wanted a way to list just the ASL/ASLSK threads in which I have posted a response, as I often want to refer back to a previous posting... without wading through all of my replies for all of the games that I'm interested in. So I went though my list of thread replies and applied a "asljr_rsp" tag to each ASL/ASLSK thread. I used this tag today to find the article link that I posted above: it only took a minute or so of scanning through thread titles to find the thread I was looking for.

I have similar tags for the other games that I'm interested in: "mrjr_rsp" indicates a Magic Realm thread in which I posted a response, etc.

If one had a lot of free time – and a lot of determination – one could go through all of the ASL rules discussions here and apply tags indicating which rules are being discussed in each thread. Thus, a question about D5.2 would get a tag like "asl_d5.2" or "aslrule_d5.2" (assuming periods are legal characters in tag names). The result would be a tag list that could bring up every previous discussion of a particular ASL rule with just one mouse click. It might, however, be too big of a job for one person, and everyone involved would have to agree on the format of the tag names. Or one could set up a BGG wiki page as an index to ASL rules discussions, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.