J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On December 1st, I ordered a new Crokinole board and 5 packages of 100 wooden cubes for some of my game prototypes. Here is what ensued:

December 10th-- I received the Crokinole board, and it looks great. But no sign of the cubes in the box. I email Mayday to see if the cubes are coming in a separate package.

December 13th-- "Yes, they are coming but must just be a little slower than the Crokinole board. Let us know if you still don’t have them by the end of the week. Thanks!"

December 15th-- End of the week, still no cubes. Email Mayday again

December 16th-- "We can resend it out to you though some of the cubes are now on preorder. We can split your order though if you would like, just let us know and sorry about the delay!"

My response: I'm confused, are the other ones on their way still? Or were they never sent?

Mayday: "They should have been sent out so either they got lost here at the warehouse with the large amount of orders we had here or lost in the mail. We will resend it out, split with the preorders if you want. But if the first package arrives by chance, then just let us know!"

December 20th-- I email Mayday to check on the order again. Here is the response: "Sorry for the delay in responding! We have already split your order and it is on it’s way to you now. I think everything shipped expect the black cubes which we will have in early January but the others you ordered were in stock and have been sent out. Let us know when you get them and if you need anything else!"

January 3rd-- Still no sign of the cubes. I email to check on the order again. Still no response as of this post.

January 9th-- Still no sign of the cubes. I email AGAIN to check on the order. Still no response as of this post.

So, it's been 42 days since I've ordered the cubes, and twice I've been told that they've shipped. Now I'm not even getting an email response. I want to have faith in Mayday Games, and I even want to order some sleeves to protect my new copy of 7 Wonders, but I can't bring myself to order until this is resolved.

Anyone have any ideas about how to proceed?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
Call and ask for a supervisor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Why people continue to buy from him I'll never know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:

whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris L
United States
Macomb
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got 50 bucks that says Alex's next post will be to say that he still hasn't gotten his cubes, still hasn't heard from anyone at Mayday, and his Crokinole board is falling apart and looks like it was an old board that was painted over.

Who wants to take the bet?
laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dwayne Hendrickson
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you keep moving, they will never find the correct address, unless you move to Utah and ppick up the damn cubes yourself.

On a side note, regarding your headline:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
VA
flag msg tools
badge
Play more Inis
mbmbmbmbmb
Knuteski wrote:

laugh

If I wanted to bleed money, I'd order from Mayday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick King
United States
Berkeley Lake
GA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Knuteski wrote:
I got 50 bucks that says Alex's next post will be to say that he still hasn't gotten his cubes, still hasn't heard from anyone at Mayday, and his Crokinole board is falling apart and looks like it was an old board that was painted over.

:laugh:

I think it is more likely we will get a Rube Goldberg tale of Final Destination level proportions describing a collection of events that leaves us in awe and Seth Hiatt looking like the victim.

Just a guess though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The whole debacle with the recent card sleeves on sale at Tanga hasn't helped their cause. People have received empty shipping envelops, busted open but full envelops, busted open and half empty envelopes. I myself just received a stuffed envelope and am still missing 2/3rds of my order.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. Alex Kevern
United States
Mahopac
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All this doesn't give me much hope soblue

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
email

seth@maydaygames.com

You might have better results. or contact him here

Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Good luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wouldn't worry too much. You'll almost certainly get what you ordered ... eventually. Just be prepared for more runaround. It'll probably go something like this:

They'll get whatever back in stock, update the website saying it is in stock, THEN fulfill the outstanding orders (hopefully yours will be among them, if not, keep reading), 'magically' go out of stock after taking care of the pre-orders, sit on their hands for a few days, eventually remember to update the website back to OOS (meanwhile racking up more orders they can't fulfill right now), create and email updates for shipping labels for orders recently taken that won't ship for a month or two ... etc ... repeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
MWChapel wrote:

With all respect to him, his registration is February 2011. He might not have known.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Konata
United States
Highlands Ranch
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Order your Mayday sleeves from a better retailer like CSI or B&B.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
bippi wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

With all respect to him, his registration is February 2011. He might not have known.

I had a solution to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Shearer
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
I had some issues with the 7 Wonders sleeves. The main one being that some packs seem to be a good deal larger than others and don't fit the cards. I had Mayday Games send me out some replacements, but it did take a few emails and around two months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Ruza
Canada
Elmira
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel your annoyance and understand your frustration. I would email Seth as suggested by
Lance
United States
Moorhead
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The coolest best thing I have ever done in my life is being a father
badge
The Dread Pirate Caleb!! (age 2)
mbmbmbmbmb
. I have never had an issue he didn't solve well!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Thorne

Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone who is is returning some cubes will probably be shipped a box and a label to forward his good pieces to you.
Just like how the board fiasco went.
They will come. Just from what city and state is the mystery.

So Sad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
moved to Mayday games company general forum

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alex,

Sorry for not replying earlier, I've been at the Hong Kong Toy Fair this week and am just getting back. I have emailed you personally about this and apologize for the mix up here. We are refunding you in full for the 5 packs of cubes you didn't get ($25) and will ship them out at no charge as soon as we get our restock. Let us know if you need anything else at all!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.