Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
Overthrone:
Cool cards and cool theme, but not much playability with the given rules. Unfortunately, this game seems never to have been playtested. Question after question comes up during play, very few of which are answered by the rulebook. In fact many questions develop while reading the rulebook. In any event, we've come up with several house rules, and basically changed the game. Couldn't let the cool cards and cool theme go to waste.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Walker
United Kingdom
London
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Re:General Comment
Shooter (#880),

It's a bit odd to read all these complaints about the rules, though I'm sure they're correct. I have the German version of the game (Vive Le Roi) but unfortunately I don't read German. What I can say is that the German rules would fit on half a letter size sheet of paper. So, why do the Americans think it neccessary to have 12 page rulebook?
I've emailed R&R and asked them to send me the English rules, though I'm sure reading them is not going to be one of life's great literay experieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul J
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re:General Comment
Bribaba (#24437),

I lent this game to 3 bright friends to play. They came back 45 minutes later and said "We think it's a good game, it makes sense, we're really enjoying it, but the rulebook is a right mess. We recommend you go to boardgamegeek and get something clearer."

Which seems to be borne out by at least some others. And here I am. Any help will be appreciated (I'll start with the rules pdf posted)

Oh, and we are English not American.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.