Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Drew G
United States
Thiells
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was hit with quagmire and had to discard two cards before I cancelled it out with a roll. Now we're in action round 6 and I'm going to run out. What happens now?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Corbett
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your opponent completes his actions even if you can't because your out of cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get to try to cancel Quagmire/Bear Trap once per round. So you shouldn't have used two cards in the same round to try to get out of it.

If you run out of cards (and it's entirely possible to have multiple cards missing - say you're the USA and play UN Intervention with something else and then the USSR hits you with Terrorism while the Iranian Hostage Crisis is in effect - boom, that's 4 cards gone from your hand in two rounds), then you simply don't get to play during the action rounds where you have no cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garou Garou
Italy
flag msg tools
From the Deluxe Edition Rulebook:

"If a player has insufficient cards to take the requisite number of actions for the turn, that player must sit out of the remain-
ing Action Rounds while the opposing player completes the turn."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David F
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
Luck in games, in measured doses, is the catalyst which enables shocking game-changers that you'll remember and talk about forever.
badge
Let the Lord of Chaos rule.
mbmbmbmbmb
Note that with Quagmire / Bear Trap, discarding the card to attempt to cancel it is your action round. You don't get to play another card until the next action round, even if you successfully canceled it this action round.

Quagmire by itself cannot make you run out of cards. The ones that can make you run out of cards are Grain Sales to Soviets, Five Year Plan, Terrorism, Aldrich Ames etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Johnson
United States
Cedar Park
Texas
flag msg tools
Well me known for eating cookie when me don't they shout
badge
Look! He try to throw loyal fans a curve!
mbmbmbmbmb
And also the double play when you burn UN intervention.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bauer
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Bazinga!
mbmbmbmbmb
As others have said if you run out of cards your opponents gets to finish out the action rounds left in the turn without you being able to respond.

Quagmire/Bear trap break the normal rules a little in this regard. Normally you would only not be able to take your turn action round if you had no cards left. With Quagmire you play a 2 op or higher card each round until any of these conditions are mean; you you make the roll ending the event, the turn ends, you have no more 2 op cards or you have as many scoring cards left as there are rounds in the turn. You then play a scoring card each round until you have no more or the turns ends. You then have to skip your remaining action rounds holding any 1 ops in your hand for the next turn. Play the next headline phase as normal and repeat the process in the next turn until you cancel the Quagmire event.

Edit: Didn't want to use turn when I meant round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.