BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: help me decide new 2 player game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ray F
United States
California
flag msg tools
I am looking at getting either Magnum Sal or Homesteaders, does anyone have any experience with either or both. They sound like good 2 player games. Unless someone can recommend something better. I have Agricola, and find it fun, but a bit long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Bone
United States
Columbia
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
second Jaipur, but Glen More is closer to the two you asked about. My 2p experience with it is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren M
Canada
Fort Vermilion
AB
flag msg tools
badge
mb
How about Dominion? A great game for 2 (or more).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray F
United States
California
flag msg tools
Thanks. Ill look into Jaipur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Mercer Island
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jaipur is a great game (it's a favorite of me and my wife), but it's quite light. Definitely not in the same ballpark as Agricola.

I have only played around with Homesteaders (I played a solo game controlling only a single player and simulating auction competition). But it lived up to what I have read in the reviews. I think it would be fine 2-player (as the reviews say). The rules are simple, but there is a lot of depth in the way the buildings interact. The conversion aspect seemed a bit like what I have read about Agricola.

So if you are ok with auctions, and are ok learning how buildings can be "combo'd", and don't mind doing some mental calculations about what you can convert to what to accomplish what you need, and love cute wooden cow-meeples, then Homesteaders seems like a very reasonable choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alberto Casarrubios
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mr. Jack Pocket has been surprisingly good. It has enough luck to keep it light, but enough "thinkiness" to keep it interesting. It's also inexpensive, portable and short, all of them great qualities for a 2-player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.