1st & Goal» Forums » Play By Forum

Subject: Can This be Played by Forum, Email, or Text? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Stevens
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
I protect the sheep in our society from the wolves.
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone want to try playing a game of 1st + Goal by Forum, Email, or Text? Obviously both players would be on the honor system as far as calling your plays and forwarding your dice results. This is also a game that I think should be completed in one session instead of dragging it out over days.

I need some help in figuring out some of the logistics of how to pull off a game like this.

Decide who is offense and defense.
Kickoff and start at 20 yard line or roll the dice for return yardage. Send yardage/dice reults to your opponent
You each pick your offensive and defensive card, let your opponent know you are ready then either post, email, or text your card choice.
You each roll your dice and post, email, or text dice results.
Move the football according to yardage gained or lost.

Here is where the work and logistics problems come in. After you score, punt, or turn the ball over on downs, you shuffle your hand back into the deck and then change decks with the other player.

Give me your ideas and suggestions on the best way to handle this. Obviously both people playing have their own game and sets of offesnive and defensive cards so they could just discard the same card on their copy that their opponent discards. Just prior to changing decks they each tell each other what cards are in their hands and you make sure those cars are shuffled into your deck. Wait, if both players remove the cards from their copy of the opponents deck as they remove them then it should work out.

I just read ove this post and it is making me dizzy Please HELP and dont be afraid to tell me
Bad Idea
Wont Work
No Interest in Playing by Forum
You are very bored and lonely and need more gaming friends

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Jansen
msg tools
mbmb
For a game that requires 2 players, this is a great idea. We do it with Strat-O-Matic all the time. I'm getting this game for xmas and would love to have more opponents to play against.

I could easily create a website that allowed two people to join a "room" that would handle some of the logistics you talk about, with the rest being on your honor.

As I've done with SOM in the past, you fire up an instance of google talk and play that way. It only works if you're playing vs. someone who isn't in it for blood because it's on your honor. With a busy life, that type of casual gaming is really all I have time or desire for.

Mostly, the website could handle the play calling. Both set your play, then click a button to reveal both...that's mostly all you need it to do.

It could also do dice rolls for you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would be interested in trying to run this game via forum or email. If anyone is interested, drop me a line!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oli70 oli70
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nobody use the app ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Curtis
United States
Andrews
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I do now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.