Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Delesdernier
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone noticed that a number of the Days of Wonder titles are currently out of print. As of yesterday, Mystery at the Abbey, Cleopatra and the Society of Architects, Coliseum, & Pirate's Cove are out of print. It seems that these are lesser titles in the Days of Wonder line-up (compared to Ticket to Ride, Memoir '44, & Smallworld.) and I was wondering if Days of Wonder it planning on discontinuing these titles or just holding off on a new print run. I know a few people have asked about the games individually, but it does seem a little odd that four of DoW's main title are currently out of print.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Considering that they gave Cleopatra away at Christmas for free last year (with $50 purchase), I'd say that they have no intention of reprinting it. Same for Cargo Noir once it is out of stock.

Those are just my guesses, I don't actual have any real knowledge about the games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Donnell
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hadn't noticed, but I am glad you pointed it out. I really enjoy their games and would hate to see that many of them discontinued. Hope its just a temporary thing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Chaz Donnell wrote:
I hadn't noticed, but I am glad you pointed it out. I really enjoy their games and would hate to see that many of them discontinued. Hope its just a temporary thing.

Fist of Dragonstones...

If it's not smallworld, it's crap!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
BG Geek
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am not completely sure, but I thought they are generally not reprinting their games. As you mentioned already, Colosseum f.e. is out of print as well.

BUT there is hope, sort of, as Tasty Minstrel Games is reprinting it right now (Kickstarter funded) - they got the licence for the game, sadly not the artwork.

And this is why I have not actually backed it... the new art direction (and perhaps the overall quality) is just too much different from the stellar DoW version...

Maybe they (TMG) have already sthg to show at Essen and I will be convinced otherwise...

But there you have it: At least one reprint is on the horizon, we just have to wait, if it is worthy of its licence and origin...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.