Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
When asked in the podcast what would be the D&D alignments of the factions. Colby said he preferred to think about each of them as shades of grey rather than black and white except for the Vanguards and Fallen Kingdom. He indicated that they would fall somewhere on a 1-10 scale having their own agenda and goals and not necessarily being good or evil.

I think this is reflected on the character bios. I have read all the Summoner bios and got a good sense where I would place the factions. I thought it would be cool to see what a bunch of people thought and possibly have a more robust overall perception.

Poll
How would you rate each faction in the good-evil spectrum (10 absolute good and 1 absolute evil)?
  10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
Benders
Cave Goblins
Cloaks
Deep Dwarves
Fallen Kingdom
Guild Dwarves
Jungle Elves
Mountain Vargath
Phoenix Elves
Sand Goblins
Shadow Elves
Swamp Orcs
Tundra Orcs
Vanguards
      48 answers
Poll created by Ronaldo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'm not left-handed either
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this idea, but I don't really know how to interpret these results. Is there any way to display an average score for each faction, maybe with a breakdown graph for each faction? Sorry that I don't know more about the poll options here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Drickman
United States
Ukiah
CA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool idea, though I think a 1-5 system would have been better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really excited with all the responses. before, I had only my opinion. Now I have 25 times that. I am just hoping to get a few more to pull the data in a graph with some comments on the results. The average, is a way to look at it. But, I think it is also interesting to see where most of the results fall since outliers could skew the average. I find it really funny is that the shadow elves have votes in almost every option.

I chose 1 to 10 because that was what was mentioned by Colby in the podcast.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andre Levesque
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to point out the factions and summoners as being different alignments. I would rank the benders as being neutral to good probably around a 7 while I would rank Tacullu to be around 3 for evil.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you are exactly right but I wanted to keep it simple. Same for Tundle and the Deep Dwarves, Elien and the Phoenix Elves and possibly Abua Shi and the Jungle Elves. This could be explored in a future thread but also when we discuss the results. I am sure that it is reflected in the results above. The Benders distribution reflects what you are saying.

I voted them a 2 because under Tacullu's influence, they are doing evil stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Key
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
http://www.plaidhatgames.com/sum_forums/showthread.php?t=918

Truth and Mr. Bistro gave their votes too, fwiw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.